Great Northern train delays affecting Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
Great Northern has warned commuters of train delays this morning affecting Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar.
Due to a signalling system fault between Finsbury Park and Moorgate, services running to the stations may be revised or cancelled, with disruption expected to last until around 9am.
Great Northern tweeted that some services will be diverted to King’s Cross.
A message on Network Rail’s website reads: “There is a reported fault with the signalling system and Network Rail, who own and maintain the equipment have staff attending to effect repairs.
“Whilst this is ongoing, services may be delayed or subject to alteration.
You may also want to watch:
“Once the fault is repaired, Great Northern will be working to restore the train service to the normal timetable as quickly as possible.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign