Great Northern train delays affecting Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Commuters are being warned of 45-minute delays to trains serving Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage this afternoon (June 28).
A message on Great Northern’s website states: “A fire alarm sounding at Moorgate means all lines are closed. This is causing disruption to journeys to and from Moorgate.
Train services [may] be cancelled or delayed by up to 45 minutes or diverted. Disruption is expected until 17:00.”
It added the following services will be affected:
•Stevenage/Watton-At-Stone/Hertford North/Gordon Hill - Moorgate divert into King’s Cross
You may also want to watch:
•Welwyn Garden City - Moorgate services terminate Finsbury Park
•Moorgate - Welwyn Garden City services start Finsbury Park
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 9 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault
•Moorgate - Hertford North services start Finsbury Park
•Moorgate - Gordon Hill services start Finsbury Park
•Moorgate - Watton-At-Stone/Stevenage start Finsbury Park
For live updates check: https://www.greatnorthernrail.com/travel