Great Northern disruption for Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar commuters
- Credit: Archant
Rail users faced disruption on several Great Northern services this morning thanks mostly to overrunning engineering works, but also due to a shortage of train crew.
The 7.38am Welwyn Garden City to Moorgate was 12 minutes late.
The London King’s Cross to Cambridge was 22 minutes late from Welwyn Garden City (it should have pulled into WGC at 7.56am) and the service was cancelled from Potters Bar and Hatfield.
The Cambridge North to King’s Cross is set to be seven minutes late when it stops at Welwyn Garden City (it should have been pulling into WGC at 8.52am) to pick up commuters.
Welwyn Garden City rail users hoping to get the 8.56am train to Cambridge will find it has been cancelled at all stations, including Potters Bar and Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Hatfield commuters intending to get the 7.57am service to Welwyn Garden City found it was more than five minutes late.
This service was disrupted due to a shortage of train crew and the service was cancelled at five earlier stations out of London.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game