Great Northern disruption for Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar commuters
- Credit: Archant
Rail users faced disruption on several Great Northern services this morning thanks mostly to overrunning engineering works, but also due to a shortage of train crew.
The 7.38am Welwyn Garden City to Moorgate was 12 minutes late.
The London King’s Cross to Cambridge was 22 minutes late from Welwyn Garden City (it should have pulled into WGC at 7.56am) and the service was cancelled from Potters Bar and Hatfield.
The Cambridge North to King’s Cross is set to be seven minutes late when it stops at Welwyn Garden City (it should have been pulling into WGC at 8.52am) to pick up commuters.
Welwyn Garden City rail users hoping to get the 8.56am train to Cambridge will find it has been cancelled at all stations, including Potters Bar and Hatfield.
Hatfield commuters intending to get the 7.57am service to Welwyn Garden City found it was more than five minutes late.
This service was disrupted due to a shortage of train crew and the service was cancelled at five earlier stations out of London.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 10 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City