Great Northern’s lack of crew branded “utter shambles”
- Credit: Archant
Great Northern has been branded an “utter shambles” by commuters who are facing disruption this morning as they try and travel between Welwyn Garden City and Cambridge.
Great Northern has tweeted: “Due to availability of train crew between Welwyn Garden City and Cambridge, train services running through these stations may be cancelled or revised.
“Disruption is expected until 10:30am.”
Great Northern also states on its website: “A very limited bus replacement service is in operation between Cambridge and Royston and Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
“These buses will not be running to a schedule, therefore please speak with station staff.
“They should arrive at locations within the hour.”
GN adds: “A number of cancellations are occurring across the Great Northern and Thameslink network this morning due to the unavailability of train crew.
- 1 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 2 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 3 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 4 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 5 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 8 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
- 9 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 10 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
“This will result in services being cancelled or revised on an ad-hoc basis on routes between Welwyn Garden City and Cambridge.
“You may be entitled to compensation if you experience a delay in completing your journey today.
“Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim.”
Delayed rail users have taken to Twitter to vent their vent their frustration.