Great Northern’s lack of crew branded “utter shambles”
- Credit: Archant
Great Northern has been branded an “utter shambles” by commuters who are facing disruption this morning as they try and travel between Welwyn Garden City and Cambridge.
Great Northern has tweeted: “Due to availability of train crew between Welwyn Garden City and Cambridge, train services running through these stations may be cancelled or revised.
“Disruption is expected until 10:30am.”
Great Northern also states on its website: “A very limited bus replacement service is in operation between Cambridge and Royston and Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
“These buses will not be running to a schedule, therefore please speak with station staff.
You may also want to watch:
“They should arrive at locations within the hour.”
GN adds: “A number of cancellations are occurring across the Great Northern and Thameslink network this morning due to the unavailability of train crew.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
“This will result in services being cancelled or revised on an ad-hoc basis on routes between Welwyn Garden City and Cambridge.
“You may be entitled to compensation if you experience a delay in completing your journey today.
“Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim.”
Delayed rail users have taken to Twitter to vent their vent their frustration.