Great Northern’s lack of crew branded “utter shambles”
- Credit: Archant
Great Northern has been branded an “utter shambles” by commuters who are facing disruption this morning as they try and travel between Welwyn Garden City and Cambridge.
Great Northern has tweeted: “Due to availability of train crew between Welwyn Garden City and Cambridge, train services running through these stations may be cancelled or revised.
“Disruption is expected until 10:30am.”
Great Northern also states on its website: “A very limited bus replacement service is in operation between Cambridge and Royston and Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
“These buses will not be running to a schedule, therefore please speak with station staff.
You may also want to watch:
“They should arrive at locations within the hour.”
GN adds: “A number of cancellations are occurring across the Great Northern and Thameslink network this morning due to the unavailability of train crew.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
“This will result in services being cancelled or revised on an ad-hoc basis on routes between Welwyn Garden City and Cambridge.
“You may be entitled to compensation if you experience a delay in completing your journey today.
“Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim.”
Delayed rail users have taken to Twitter to vent their vent their frustration.