Great Northern’s lack of crew branded “utter shambles”
- Credit: Archant
Great Northern has been branded an “utter shambles” by commuters who are facing disruption this morning as they try and travel between Welwyn Garden City and Cambridge.
Great Northern has tweeted: “Due to availability of train crew between Welwyn Garden City and Cambridge, train services running through these stations may be cancelled or revised.
“Disruption is expected until 10:30am.”
Great Northern also states on its website: “A very limited bus replacement service is in operation between Cambridge and Royston and Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
“These buses will not be running to a schedule, therefore please speak with station staff.
You may also want to watch:
“They should arrive at locations within the hour.”
GN adds: “A number of cancellations are occurring across the Great Northern and Thameslink network this morning due to the unavailability of train crew.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
“This will result in services being cancelled or revised on an ad-hoc basis on routes between Welwyn Garden City and Cambridge.
“You may be entitled to compensation if you experience a delay in completing your journey today.
“Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim.”
Delayed rail users have taken to Twitter to vent their vent their frustration.