Great Northern: Hatfield customers need to go to Welwyn Garden City to get to London
- Credit: Archant
Customers planning to take Great Northern trains from Hatfield to London are being asked to first go to Welwyn Garden City.
A fault with the signalling system between Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar has caused disruption to trains running between these stations.
In response no trains are stopping at Hatfield station, in the direction towards London, to avoid a further build up of trains.
Great Northern passengers are advised to go from Hatfield to Welwyn Garden City and change there for a London bound service.
Those requiring a service from Welwyn Garden City to Hatfield have to now travel down to Potters Bar and change there to go back up to Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Other Great Northern trains on the line may also be delayed by up to 15 minutes or cancelled.
The disruption is expected until 2pm.
For further updates please go to: greatnorthernrail.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/service-updates
- 1 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 2 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 3 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase