Great Northern: Hatfield customers need to go to Welwyn Garden City to get to London
- Credit: Archant
Customers planning to take Great Northern trains from Hatfield to London are being asked to first go to Welwyn Garden City.
A fault with the signalling system between Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar has caused disruption to trains running between these stations.
In response no trains are stopping at Hatfield station, in the direction towards London, to avoid a further build up of trains.
Great Northern passengers are advised to go from Hatfield to Welwyn Garden City and change there for a London bound service.
Those requiring a service from Welwyn Garden City to Hatfield have to now travel down to Potters Bar and change there to go back up to Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Other Great Northern trains on the line may also be delayed by up to 15 minutes or cancelled.
The disruption is expected until 2pm.
For further updates please go to: greatnorthernrail.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/service-updates
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes