Great Northern: Hatfield customers need to go to Welwyn Garden City to get to London
- Credit: Archant
Customers planning to take Great Northern trains from Hatfield to London are being asked to first go to Welwyn Garden City.
A fault with the signalling system between Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar has caused disruption to trains running between these stations.
In response no trains are stopping at Hatfield station, in the direction towards London, to avoid a further build up of trains.
Great Northern passengers are advised to go from Hatfield to Welwyn Garden City and change there for a London bound service.
Those requiring a service from Welwyn Garden City to Hatfield have to now travel down to Potters Bar and change there to go back up to Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Other Great Northern trains on the line may also be delayed by up to 15 minutes or cancelled.
The disruption is expected until 2pm.
For further updates please go to: greatnorthernrail.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/service-updates
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 6 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled