Rail replacement buses ordered for Welwyn Garden City, Hitchin and Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Govia has ordered rail replacement buses for its Great Northern services at Welwyn Garden City, Hitchin and Cambridge stations.
The operator, which ordered the buses at 3pm today, said trains could be cancelled and an additional 30 to 60 minutes added to journeys.
The disruption will especially affect trains to and from Moorgate, including services on the Hertford North and Welwyn Garden City routes.
Great Northern said train crew unavailability was the reason for the disruption, and added that buses will not run with a specific schedule in mind.
"You should speak to a member of staff to find out more information, including the pick up & drop off locations," Great Northern said.
You may also want to watch:
"These will also be shown on posters at most stations."
If you want more information on service updates, check out the Great Northern website.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday