Gas mains replacement work to shut busy road for two weeks
A MAIN road will be shut for a fortnight from tomorrow (Thursday) to enable vital gas mains replacement work to be carried out.
The Causeway in Potters Bar – the main access into the town from Cuffley and Northaw – will be closed between the junction with the High Street and 35 The Causeway.
The closure will enable ageing metallic gas mains to be replaced with tough new plastic pipes.
Project engineer Vincent Doggett said: “We’re doing this work during the school summer holidays as the roads are generally quieter which should mean less hassle for road users.
“We’ll finish it as soon as we can and when the job’s done we’ll have helped make sure the people of Potters Bar can keep on enjoying safe and reliable gas supplies for heating and cooking.”
You may also want to watch:
Access will be maintained for all properties during the work.
The work will be delivered by the North London Gas Alliance, a partnership between National Grid and Skanska.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
For more information on the project call 0800 096 5678.