Gas mains replacement work to shut busy road for two weeks
A MAIN road will be shut for a fortnight from tomorrow (Thursday) to enable vital gas mains replacement work to be carried out.
The Causeway in Potters Bar – the main access into the town from Cuffley and Northaw – will be closed between the junction with the High Street and 35 The Causeway.
The closure will enable ageing metallic gas mains to be replaced with tough new plastic pipes.
Project engineer Vincent Doggett said: “We’re doing this work during the school summer holidays as the roads are generally quieter which should mean less hassle for road users.
“We’ll finish it as soon as we can and when the job’s done we’ll have helped make sure the people of Potters Bar can keep on enjoying safe and reliable gas supplies for heating and cooking.”
You may also want to watch:
Access will be maintained for all properties during the work.
The work will be delivered by the North London Gas Alliance, a partnership between National Grid and Skanska.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 4 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
For more information on the project call 0800 096 5678.