Gas mains replacement work to shut busy road for two weeks
A MAIN road will be shut for a fortnight from tomorrow (Thursday) to enable vital gas mains replacement work to be carried out.
The Causeway in Potters Bar – the main access into the town from Cuffley and Northaw – will be closed between the junction with the High Street and 35 The Causeway.
The closure will enable ageing metallic gas mains to be replaced with tough new plastic pipes.
Project engineer Vincent Doggett said: “We’re doing this work during the school summer holidays as the roads are generally quieter which should mean less hassle for road users.
“We’ll finish it as soon as we can and when the job’s done we’ll have helped make sure the people of Potters Bar can keep on enjoying safe and reliable gas supplies for heating and cooking.”
You may also want to watch:
Access will be maintained for all properties during the work.
The work will be delivered by the North London Gas Alliance, a partnership between National Grid and Skanska.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
For more information on the project call 0800 096 5678.