Gas mains replacement work to shut busy road for two weeks
A MAIN road will be shut for a fortnight from tomorrow (Thursday) to enable vital gas mains replacement work to be carried out.
The Causeway in Potters Bar – the main access into the town from Cuffley and Northaw – will be closed between the junction with the High Street and 35 The Causeway.
The closure will enable ageing metallic gas mains to be replaced with tough new plastic pipes.
Project engineer Vincent Doggett said: “We’re doing this work during the school summer holidays as the roads are generally quieter which should mean less hassle for road users.
“We’ll finish it as soon as we can and when the job’s done we’ll have helped make sure the people of Potters Bar can keep on enjoying safe and reliable gas supplies for heating and cooking.”
Access will be maintained for all properties during the work.
The work will be delivered by the North London Gas Alliance, a partnership between National Grid and Skanska.
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Serious shrubland fire next to M25 on Hertfordshire - Essex border
- 5 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 6 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 10 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
For more information on the project call 0800 096 5678.