Free travel on First Capital Connect trains this New Year’s Eve
FIRST Capital Connect has announced it will be running extra services two routes on New Year’s Eve and offering passengers free travel home.
A revised timetable will be running on New Years Eve and New Years Day and FCC asked all passengers to check service times.
The free travel offer is valid on services departing from London between 11.45pm and 4.30am tomorrow (Saturday, December 31) to stations including Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar.
It will be valid on both the Thameslink and Great Northern services. Passengers should note that a ticket will still need to be purchased if planning on using FCC services heading towards London.
Blackfriars Station will be closed from 6pm and will reopen at 8am on New Years Day.
You may also want to watch:
Following concerns for public safety around the New Years Eve Firework Display on the South Bank and the close proximity of Blackfriars to the event, and access in and around the station being confined, FCC were strongly advised by the Metropolitan and City Police, The Mayor of London’s Office and the organisers of the event to close Blackfriars.
Keith Jipps, Customer Service Director, said: “FCC will be running free services home on this New Years Eve and for the next four years. New Years Eve is a time of celebration and customers shouldn’t have to worry about how they’re going to get home, which is why we have decided to add extra services to our more popular routes.”
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022