Free travel on First Capital Connect trains this New Year’s Eve
FIRST Capital Connect has announced it will be running extra services two routes on New Year’s Eve and offering passengers free travel home.
A revised timetable will be running on New Years Eve and New Years Day and FCC asked all passengers to check service times.
The free travel offer is valid on services departing from London between 11.45pm and 4.30am tomorrow (Saturday, December 31) to stations including Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar.
It will be valid on both the Thameslink and Great Northern services. Passengers should note that a ticket will still need to be purchased if planning on using FCC services heading towards London.
Blackfriars Station will be closed from 6pm and will reopen at 8am on New Years Day.
You may also want to watch:
Following concerns for public safety around the New Years Eve Firework Display on the South Bank and the close proximity of Blackfriars to the event, and access in and around the station being confined, FCC were strongly advised by the Metropolitan and City Police, The Mayor of London’s Office and the organisers of the event to close Blackfriars.
Keith Jipps, Customer Service Director, said: “FCC will be running free services home on this New Years Eve and for the next four years. New Years Eve is a time of celebration and customers shouldn’t have to worry about how they’re going to get home, which is why we have decided to add extra services to our more popular routes.”
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation