Flooding wreaks havoc across Welwyn Hatfield as several roads close
- Credit: Archant
Numerous roads have been closed after flash flooding wreaked havoc across Welwyn Hatfield this afternoon.
A police spokeswoman said Hertford Road in Welwyn is “completely underwater”, while nearby Harmer Green Lane and New Road are badly flooded.
Wel/Hat North Police tweeted that New Road had “partially collapsed” and urged motorists to avoid the area.
Officers were also called to reports of flooding in Great North Road in Welwyn Garden City, as well as Great Ganett – where a manhole cover has come away – and residents have blocked the road.
The county council and Herts Fire and Rescue Service are currently dealing with the incidents, but residents are being warned to plan ahead before travelling.
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition