Flooding wreaks havoc across Welwyn Hatfield as several roads close
- Credit: Archant
Numerous roads have been closed after flash flooding wreaked havoc across Welwyn Hatfield this afternoon.
A police spokeswoman said Hertford Road in Welwyn is “completely underwater”, while nearby Harmer Green Lane and New Road are badly flooded.
Wel/Hat North Police tweeted that New Road had “partially collapsed” and urged motorists to avoid the area.
Officers were also called to reports of flooding in Great North Road in Welwyn Garden City, as well as Great Ganett – where a manhole cover has come away – and residents have blocked the road.
The county council and Herts Fire and Rescue Service are currently dealing with the incidents, but residents are being warned to plan ahead before travelling.
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 5 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 6 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 7 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?