Flooding at Welwyn Garden City train station
- Credit: Archant
Govia Thameslink Railway is warning of delays and possible cancellations following flooding at Welwyn Garden City train station.
GTR states online: “Heavy rain flooded the railway at Welwyn Garden City earlier today, and this has resulted in disruption for Great Northern and Thameslink services scheduled to run through this station.
“Train services may be cancelled or delayed by up to 10 minutes.
“Disruption is currently expected until 9am.”
GTR added: “Some services will be cancelled and others altered at short notice on an ad-hoc basis.
You may also want to watch:
“In the early hours of this morning, Great Northern and Thameslink were advised of heavy flooding in one of their depots at Welwyn Garden City.
“Specialist staff went to the site and to pump out the water, however as a result some train units were late out of the depot.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 8 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime
“This has caused some services this morning to start with a delay, and others have been cancelled.”