Flooding at Welwyn Garden City train station
- Credit: Archant
Govia Thameslink Railway is warning of delays and possible cancellations following flooding at Welwyn Garden City train station.
GTR states online: “Heavy rain flooded the railway at Welwyn Garden City earlier today, and this has resulted in disruption for Great Northern and Thameslink services scheduled to run through this station.
“Train services may be cancelled or delayed by up to 10 minutes.
“Disruption is currently expected until 9am.”
GTR added: “Some services will be cancelled and others altered at short notice on an ad-hoc basis.
You may also want to watch:
“In the early hours of this morning, Great Northern and Thameslink were advised of heavy flooding in one of their depots at Welwyn Garden City.
“Specialist staff went to the site and to pump out the water, however as a result some train units were late out of the depot.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
“This has caused some services this morning to start with a delay, and others have been cancelled.”