Flooding at Welwyn Garden City train station
- Credit: Archant
Govia Thameslink Railway is warning of delays and possible cancellations following flooding at Welwyn Garden City train station.
GTR states online: “Heavy rain flooded the railway at Welwyn Garden City earlier today, and this has resulted in disruption for Great Northern and Thameslink services scheduled to run through this station.
“Train services may be cancelled or delayed by up to 10 minutes.
“Disruption is currently expected until 9am.”
GTR added: “Some services will be cancelled and others altered at short notice on an ad-hoc basis.
You may also want to watch:
“In the early hours of this morning, Great Northern and Thameslink were advised of heavy flooding in one of their depots at Welwyn Garden City.
“Specialist staff went to the site and to pump out the water, however as a result some train units were late out of the depot.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 8 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 Isabel Hospice Lights of Love ceremonies return to celebrate the lives of loved ones lost
“This has caused some services this morning to start with a delay, and others have been cancelled.”