Flooding at Welwyn Garden City train station
- Credit: Archant
Govia Thameslink Railway is warning of delays and possible cancellations following flooding at Welwyn Garden City train station.
GTR states online: “Heavy rain flooded the railway at Welwyn Garden City earlier today, and this has resulted in disruption for Great Northern and Thameslink services scheduled to run through this station.
“Train services may be cancelled or delayed by up to 10 minutes.
“Disruption is currently expected until 9am.”
GTR added: “Some services will be cancelled and others altered at short notice on an ad-hoc basis.
You may also want to watch:
“In the early hours of this morning, Great Northern and Thameslink were advised of heavy flooding in one of their depots at Welwyn Garden City.
“Specialist staff went to the site and to pump out the water, however as a result some train units were late out of the depot.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
“This has caused some services this morning to start with a delay, and others have been cancelled.”