Flooding and storms close roads in Welwyn Hatfield and beyond
- Credit: Archant
Severe storms have caused traffic chaos across Welwyn Hatfield and beyond today (Tuesday).
The B158 Lower Hatfield Road is closed between Holwell Lane and Hertford due to flooding.
Hertfordshire County Council warned motorists to “avoid the area if possible”.
The A602 Watton-at-Stone to Stevenage is closed, also due to flooding.
HGVs are being diverted via the A1(M), A414 and A10.
Non-motorway traffic is being diverted via the A119, A414 and A10.
And Walkern Rd/Bennington Road, near Bennington, is closed due to flooding again drivers were warned to “avoid the area”.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 From Russia with love... Catherine The Great series returns to Hatfield for season two of period drama
- 10 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting