Flooding and storms close roads in Welwyn Hatfield and beyond
- Credit: Archant
Severe storms have caused traffic chaos across Welwyn Hatfield and beyond today (Tuesday).
The B158 Lower Hatfield Road is closed between Holwell Lane and Hertford due to flooding.
Hertfordshire County Council warned motorists to “avoid the area if possible”.
The A602 Watton-at-Stone to Stevenage is closed, also due to flooding.
HGVs are being diverted via the A1(M), A414 and A10.
You may also want to watch:
Non-motorway traffic is being diverted via the A119, A414 and A10.
And Walkern Rd/Bennington Road, near Bennington, is closed due to flooding again drivers were warned to “avoid the area”.
- 1 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 2 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook