Flooding and storms close roads in Welwyn Hatfield and beyond
- Credit: Archant
Severe storms have caused traffic chaos across Welwyn Hatfield and beyond today (Tuesday).
The B158 Lower Hatfield Road is closed between Holwell Lane and Hertford due to flooding.
Hertfordshire County Council warned motorists to “avoid the area if possible”.
The A602 Watton-at-Stone to Stevenage is closed, also due to flooding.
HGVs are being diverted via the A1(M), A414 and A10.
You may also want to watch:
Non-motorway traffic is being diverted via the A119, A414 and A10.
And Walkern Rd/Bennington Road, near Bennington, is closed due to flooding again drivers were warned to “avoid the area”.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 6 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 9 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed