Flooding and storms close roads in Welwyn Hatfield and beyond
- Credit: Archant
Severe storms have caused traffic chaos across Welwyn Hatfield and beyond today (Tuesday).
The B158 Lower Hatfield Road is closed between Holwell Lane and Hertford due to flooding.
Hertfordshire County Council warned motorists to “avoid the area if possible”.
The A602 Watton-at-Stone to Stevenage is closed, also due to flooding.
HGVs are being diverted via the A1(M), A414 and A10.
You may also want to watch:
Non-motorway traffic is being diverted via the A119, A414 and A10.
And Walkern Rd/Bennington Road, near Bennington, is closed due to flooding again drivers were warned to “avoid the area”.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 8 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station