First Capital Connect train delays ‘to last into evening’
COMMUTERS are facing longer-than-normal journeys home this evening (Friday) due to an overhead power line problem.
As reported earlier on www.whtimes24.co.uk, an electrical supply problem in the WGC area is causing “severe delays” on the route through Times Territory.
Rail operator First Capital Connect has now revealed the disruption is set to continue until 8pm tonight.
Trains are running between WGC and London King’s Cross/Moorgate, although for services north to Stevenage replacement buses are in operation.
And trains between Cambridge/Peterborough and King’s Cross are being diverted via the Hertford North loop, extending journey times.
You may also want to watch:
East Coast and Hull Trains/Grand Central services are also being disrupted.
* Click on the link above for live service updates.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?