First Capital Connect train delays ‘to last into evening’
COMMUTERS are facing longer-than-normal journeys home this evening (Friday) due to an overhead power line problem.
As reported earlier on www.whtimes24.co.uk, an electrical supply problem in the WGC area is causing “severe delays” on the route through Times Territory.
Rail operator First Capital Connect has now revealed the disruption is set to continue until 8pm tonight.
Trains are running between WGC and London King’s Cross/Moorgate, although for services north to Stevenage replacement buses are in operation.
And trains between Cambridge/Peterborough and King’s Cross are being diverted via the Hertford North loop, extending journey times.
You may also want to watch:
East Coast and Hull Trains/Grand Central services are also being disrupted.
* Click on the link above for live service updates.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral