First Capital Connect train delays ‘to last into evening’
COMMUTERS are facing longer-than-normal journeys home this evening (Friday) due to an overhead power line problem.
As reported earlier on www.whtimes24.co.uk, an electrical supply problem in the WGC area is causing “severe delays” on the route through Times Territory.
Rail operator First Capital Connect has now revealed the disruption is set to continue until 8pm tonight.
Trains are running between WGC and London King’s Cross/Moorgate, although for services north to Stevenage replacement buses are in operation.
And trains between Cambridge/Peterborough and King’s Cross are being diverted via the Hertford North loop, extending journey times.
You may also want to watch:
East Coast and Hull Trains/Grand Central services are also being disrupted.
* Click on the link above for live service updates.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator