First Capital Connect train delays ‘to last into evening’
COMMUTERS are facing longer-than-normal journeys home this evening (Friday) due to an overhead power line problem.
As reported earlier on www.whtimes24.co.uk, an electrical supply problem in the WGC area is causing “severe delays” on the route through Times Territory.
Rail operator First Capital Connect has now revealed the disruption is set to continue until 8pm tonight.
Trains are running between WGC and London King’s Cross/Moorgate, although for services north to Stevenage replacement buses are in operation.
And trains between Cambridge/Peterborough and King’s Cross are being diverted via the Hertford North loop, extending journey times.
You may also want to watch:
East Coast and Hull Trains/Grand Central services are also being disrupted.
* Click on the link above for live service updates.
- 1 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 2 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 3 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 4 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 7 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 10 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield