First Capital Connect services disrupted by power line problems
- Credit: Archant
Commuters faced delays this morning (Thursday) after trains travelling through Welwyn Garden City were cancelled.
Some First Capital Connect (FCC) services have been cancelled this morning due to problems with power lines at a depot near Welwyn Garden City.
The disruptions are affecting trains between Stevenage and London Kings Cross and Welwyn Garden City and Moorgate.
A spokesman for the company tweeted at 9am this morning: “Due to a overhead wire problems at Welwyn Garden City there are delays and cancellations.”
The problem is being fixed and trains are starting to run normally again.
You may also want to watch:
FCC are advising customers to check train timetables online before they travel.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?