First Capital Connect services disrupted by power line problems
- Credit: Archant
Commuters faced delays this morning (Thursday) after trains travelling through Welwyn Garden City were cancelled.
Some First Capital Connect (FCC) services have been cancelled this morning due to problems with power lines at a depot near Welwyn Garden City.
The disruptions are affecting trains between Stevenage and London Kings Cross and Welwyn Garden City and Moorgate.
A spokesman for the company tweeted at 9am this morning: “Due to a overhead wire problems at Welwyn Garden City there are delays and cancellations.”
The problem is being fixed and trains are starting to run normally again.
You may also want to watch:
FCC are advising customers to check train timetables online before they travel.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre