First Capital Connect services remain ‘severely disrupted’
- Credit: Archant
Rail services in and out of London remain “severely disrupted” because of signalling problems.
First Capital Connect, which runs services on the Great Northern Route, serving Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Welwyn North and Cuffley, has said only a limited number of trains will run this evening.
A statement on the company’s website said: “We anticipate running only a very limited service this evening on the Great Northern route, so please travel only if necessary and to use alternative routes if possible.
“First Class is declassified for the rest of the day and evening peak restrictions have been lifted.”
Replacement bus services are running between Stevenage and all stations to Potters Bar, then Cockfosters in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a replacement service between Hatfield and St Albans.
The delays have been caused by signalling problems between New Barnet and Alexandra Palace.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 8 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime