First Capital Connect services remain ‘severely disrupted’
- Credit: Archant
Rail services in and out of London remain “severely disrupted” because of signalling problems.
First Capital Connect, which runs services on the Great Northern Route, serving Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Welwyn North and Cuffley, has said only a limited number of trains will run this evening.
A statement on the company’s website said: “We anticipate running only a very limited service this evening on the Great Northern route, so please travel only if necessary and to use alternative routes if possible.
“First Class is declassified for the rest of the day and evening peak restrictions have been lifted.”
Replacement bus services are running between Stevenage and all stations to Potters Bar, then Cockfosters in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a replacement service between Hatfield and St Albans.
The delays have been caused by signalling problems between New Barnet and Alexandra Palace.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Captain Tom inspires little Zach to raise money for the NHS
- 10 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children