First Capital Connect services remain ‘severely disrupted’
- Credit: Archant
Rail services in and out of London remain “severely disrupted” because of signalling problems.
First Capital Connect, which runs services on the Great Northern Route, serving Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Welwyn North and Cuffley, has said only a limited number of trains will run this evening.
A statement on the company’s website said: “We anticipate running only a very limited service this evening on the Great Northern route, so please travel only if necessary and to use alternative routes if possible.
“First Class is declassified for the rest of the day and evening peak restrictions have been lifted.”
Replacement bus services are running between Stevenage and all stations to Potters Bar, then Cockfosters in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a replacement service between Hatfield and St Albans.
The delays have been caused by signalling problems between New Barnet and Alexandra Palace.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 7 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 8 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 9 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity