First Capital Connect services remain ‘severely disrupted’
- Credit: Archant
Rail services in and out of London remain “severely disrupted” because of signalling problems.
First Capital Connect, which runs services on the Great Northern Route, serving Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Welwyn North and Cuffley, has said only a limited number of trains will run this evening.
A statement on the company’s website said: “We anticipate running only a very limited service this evening on the Great Northern route, so please travel only if necessary and to use alternative routes if possible.
“First Class is declassified for the rest of the day and evening peak restrictions have been lifted.”
Replacement bus services are running between Stevenage and all stations to Potters Bar, then Cockfosters in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a replacement service between Hatfield and St Albans.
The delays have been caused by signalling problems between New Barnet and Alexandra Palace.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure