First Capital Connect resumes ‘full weekday service’ after storm chaos
- Credit: Archant
Rail operator First Capital Connect, which runs services through Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar, says it plans to run a full service today (Tuesday).
Emergency engineering work was completed on power lines in Hatfield overnight, following a day of cancellations and delays due to high winds.
A statement on the company’s website said: “Emergency engineering work to repair the damage caused by the storm has now been completed.
“We plan to run a full service on all routes.
“However individual train alterations could still occur, please check our live updates page for more information live train updates.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank all of our customers for their patience while we recovered from the effects of the storm.”
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 9 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 10 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England