First Capital Connect resumes ‘full weekday service’ after storm chaos
- Credit: Archant
Rail operator First Capital Connect, which runs services through Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar, says it plans to run a full service today (Tuesday).
Emergency engineering work was completed on power lines in Hatfield overnight, following a day of cancellations and delays due to high winds.
A statement on the company’s website said: “Emergency engineering work to repair the damage caused by the storm has now been completed.
“We plan to run a full service on all routes.
“However individual train alterations could still occur, please check our live updates page for more information live train updates.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank all of our customers for their patience while we recovered from the effects of the storm.”
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire