First Capital Connect resumes ‘full weekday service’ after storm chaos
- Credit: Archant
Rail operator First Capital Connect, which runs services through Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar, says it plans to run a full service today (Tuesday).
Emergency engineering work was completed on power lines in Hatfield overnight, following a day of cancellations and delays due to high winds.
A statement on the company’s website said: “Emergency engineering work to repair the damage caused by the storm has now been completed.
“We plan to run a full service on all routes.
“However individual train alterations could still occur, please check our live updates page for more information live train updates.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank all of our customers for their patience while we recovered from the effects of the storm.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure