First Capital Connect offers reduced rail service in the wake of storm
- Credit: Archant
A reduced rail service is all that First Capital Connect can offer commuters hit by storm disruption tonight (Monday).
All trains that would have stopped in Welwyn Garden City, Welwyn North, Knebworth, Hatfield and Potters Bar were cancelled this morning.
The decision was made last night, before Storm St Jude’s gale force winds battered the county.
Today the rail operator revealed the winds ripped trees onto the tracks and pulled down overhead power lines.
FCC was forced to suspend services, but now limited routes are available.
It is hoped it will be business as usual tomorrow (Tuesday).
A statement on the firm’s website revealed: “We expect to run to the full timetable tomorrow (Tuesday) but urge passengers to check before they travel on the First Capital Connect website and on Twitter @firstCC, especially on the Thameslink route where Network Rail will be carrying out emergency engineering work right up until start of service tomorrow morning.
- 1 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 2 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 3 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 5 Met Police officer denies sexually assaulting male colleague
- 6 New live music venue proposed for Howardsgate
- 7 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 8 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 More cash for safer cycling and walking schemes in Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Church proposes new extension to meet future needs
Emergency engineering work also needs to be completed by Network Rail on overhead power lines at Hatfield and New Southgate for us to run a full service tomorrow morning (Tuesday). Again, passengers should check before they travel.
For the remainder of today, the following services are running:
•London St Pancras International - Brighton (calling at all stations) and return
•London Blackfriars - Mitcham Junction - Sutton - Wimbledon - London Blackfriars (calling at all stations) in one direction only
•Luton – Bedford (with a limited connecting bus service between Stanmore on the Jubilee line, St Albans, Harpenden, Luton Airport Parkway and Luton)
•King’s Cross - Peterborough (calling at Finsbury Park, Potters Bar, Hatfield, Welwyn and all stations to and from Peterborough)
•Moorgate – Hertford North (calling at all stations)
•Moorgate – Welwyn Garden City (calling at all stations except Harringay, Hornsey and Welham Green in the northbound direction, use local bus or travel via Alexandra Palace for Harringay and Hornsey and via Hatfield for Welham Green)
•Cambridge – King’s Lynn
•Buses only Hitchin – Cambridge but service may resume soon
•Taxis only for Watton-at-Stone – arranged from Stevenage or Hertford