First Capital Connect offers reduced rail service in the wake of storm
- Credit: Archant
A reduced rail service is all that First Capital Connect can offer commuters hit by storm disruption tonight (Monday).
All trains that would have stopped in Welwyn Garden City, Welwyn North, Knebworth, Hatfield and Potters Bar were cancelled this morning.
The decision was made last night, before Storm St Jude’s gale force winds battered the county.
Today the rail operator revealed the winds ripped trees onto the tracks and pulled down overhead power lines.
FCC was forced to suspend services, but now limited routes are available.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped it will be business as usual tomorrow (Tuesday).
A statement on the firm’s website revealed: “We expect to run to the full timetable tomorrow (Tuesday) but urge passengers to check before they travel on the First Capital Connect website and on Twitter @firstCC, especially on the Thameslink route where Network Rail will be carrying out emergency engineering work right up until start of service tomorrow morning.
- 1 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 2 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 6 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
Emergency engineering work also needs to be completed by Network Rail on overhead power lines at Hatfield and New Southgate for us to run a full service tomorrow morning (Tuesday). Again, passengers should check before they travel.
For the remainder of today, the following services are running:
•London St Pancras International - Brighton (calling at all stations) and return
•London Blackfriars - Mitcham Junction - Sutton - Wimbledon - London Blackfriars (calling at all stations) in one direction only
•Luton – Bedford (with a limited connecting bus service between Stanmore on the Jubilee line, St Albans, Harpenden, Luton Airport Parkway and Luton)
•King’s Cross - Peterborough (calling at Finsbury Park, Potters Bar, Hatfield, Welwyn and all stations to and from Peterborough)
•Moorgate – Hertford North (calling at all stations)
•Moorgate – Welwyn Garden City (calling at all stations except Harringay, Hornsey and Welham Green in the northbound direction, use local bus or travel via Alexandra Palace for Harringay and Hornsey and via Hatfield for Welham Green)
•Cambridge – King’s Lynn
•Buses only Hitchin – Cambridge but service may resume soon
•Taxis only for Watton-at-Stone – arranged from Stevenage or Hertford