First Capital Connect launches emergency timetable due to snow
OVERNIGHT snow – and forecasts of more to come – has forced rail operator First Capital Connect to launch an emergency timetable today (Wednesday).
The measures affect all services running through Times Territory to and from London King’s Cross.
A spokesman for FCC said: “Owing to a forecast of heavy snowfall, Network Rail has implemented contingency plans to keep routes open on the Great Northern route.
“We will therefore be operating an emergency snow timetable with fewer trains operating at reduced speeds on all routes into and out of London King’s Cross and Moorgate from 3am today (Wednesday).”
Affected stations include Knebworth, Welwyn North, WGC, Hatfield, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar.
You may also want to watch:
For up-to-the-minute information about the emergency timetable, click on the link above right or call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?