First Capital Connect launches emergency timetable due to snow
OVERNIGHT snow – and forecasts of more to come – has forced rail operator First Capital Connect to launch an emergency timetable today (Wednesday).
The measures affect all services running through Times Territory to and from London King’s Cross.
A spokesman for FCC said: “Owing to a forecast of heavy snowfall, Network Rail has implemented contingency plans to keep routes open on the Great Northern route.
“We will therefore be operating an emergency snow timetable with fewer trains operating at reduced speeds on all routes into and out of London King’s Cross and Moorgate from 3am today (Wednesday).”
Affected stations include Knebworth, Welwyn North, WGC, Hatfield, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar.
You may also want to watch:
For up-to-the-minute information about the emergency timetable, click on the link above right or call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 10 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings