First Capital Connect launches emergency timetable due to snow
OVERNIGHT snow – and forecasts of more to come – has forced rail operator First Capital Connect to launch an emergency timetable today (Wednesday).
The measures affect all services running through Times Territory to and from London King’s Cross.
A spokesman for FCC said: “Owing to a forecast of heavy snowfall, Network Rail has implemented contingency plans to keep routes open on the Great Northern route.
“We will therefore be operating an emergency snow timetable with fewer trains operating at reduced speeds on all routes into and out of London King’s Cross and Moorgate from 3am today (Wednesday).”
Affected stations include Knebworth, Welwyn North, WGC, Hatfield, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar.
You may also want to watch:
For up-to-the-minute information about the emergency timetable, click on the link above right or call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street