First Capital Connect: Do not travel unless you have to
- Credit: Archant
Rail operator First Capital Connect (FCC) says services have been hit by severe weather, and urged passengers not to travel unless it is necessary.
The company said last night it would not be running trains on the Great Northern Route, which serves Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar, until 7am.
A statement on the company’s website at 8am today (Tuesday) said: “Services are slowly being introduced on the Great Northern route.
“Both the Moorgate and London King’s Cross routes are running.
“Essex Road will not be served.”
You may also want to watch:
It follows heavy winds and rain overnight, causing several reports of flooding and fallen trees across Hertfordshire.
The company wrote: “Severe weather is impacting our network. We advise you to travel today only if your journey is necessary.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man