First Capital Connect: Do not travel unless you have to
- Credit: Archant
Rail operator First Capital Connect (FCC) says services have been hit by severe weather, and urged passengers not to travel unless it is necessary.
The company said last night it would not be running trains on the Great Northern Route, which serves Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar, until 7am.
A statement on the company’s website at 8am today (Tuesday) said: “Services are slowly being introduced on the Great Northern route.
“Both the Moorgate and London King’s Cross routes are running.
“Essex Road will not be served.”
You may also want to watch:
It follows heavy winds and rain overnight, causing several reports of flooding and fallen trees across Hertfordshire.
The company wrote: “Severe weather is impacting our network. We advise you to travel today only if your journey is necessary.”
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist