First Capital Connect: Do not travel unless you have to
- Credit: Archant
Rail operator First Capital Connect (FCC) says services have been hit by severe weather, and urged passengers not to travel unless it is necessary.
The company said last night it would not be running trains on the Great Northern Route, which serves Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar, until 7am.
A statement on the company’s website at 8am today (Tuesday) said: “Services are slowly being introduced on the Great Northern route.
“Both the Moorgate and London King’s Cross routes are running.
“Essex Road will not be served.”
You may also want to watch:
It follows heavy winds and rain overnight, causing several reports of flooding and fallen trees across Hertfordshire.
The company wrote: “Severe weather is impacting our network. We advise you to travel today only if your journey is necessary.”
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?