First Capital Connect delays update: No trains from Welham Green or Brookmans Park toward London tonight
- Credit: Archant
NO trains are likely to run from Welham Green or Brookmans Park into London this evening, operator First Capital Connect has confirmed.
It follows a day of delays due to an overhead signalling problem close to Potters Bar.
An FCC spokesman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We’ve still got delays, and the stopping services still can’t call at Welham Green, Brookmans Park or Potters Bar (toward London) because that’s where the wires are down on the slow line.”
Slow services from London to Welwyn Garden City are stopping at all stations, he said.
FCC says it is hopeful that delays on the Hertford loop line can be cleared before the evening rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “It’s a situation beyond our control, but nevertheless we want to offer our apologies to people who have had a very difficult journey as a result.”
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town