First Capital Connect delays update: No trains from Welham Green or Brookmans Park toward London tonight
- Credit: Archant
NO trains are likely to run from Welham Green or Brookmans Park into London this evening, operator First Capital Connect has confirmed.
It follows a day of delays due to an overhead signalling problem close to Potters Bar.
An FCC spokesman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We’ve still got delays, and the stopping services still can’t call at Welham Green, Brookmans Park or Potters Bar (toward London) because that’s where the wires are down on the slow line.”
Slow services from London to Welwyn Garden City are stopping at all stations, he said.
FCC says it is hopeful that delays on the Hertford loop line can be cleared before the evening rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “It’s a situation beyond our control, but nevertheless we want to offer our apologies to people who have had a very difficult journey as a result.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued