First Capital Connect delays update: No trains from Welham Green or Brookmans Park toward London tonight
- Credit: Archant
NO trains are likely to run from Welham Green or Brookmans Park into London this evening, operator First Capital Connect has confirmed.
It follows a day of delays due to an overhead signalling problem close to Potters Bar.
An FCC spokesman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We’ve still got delays, and the stopping services still can’t call at Welham Green, Brookmans Park or Potters Bar (toward London) because that’s where the wires are down on the slow line.”
Slow services from London to Welwyn Garden City are stopping at all stations, he said.
FCC says it is hopeful that delays on the Hertford loop line can be cleared before the evening rush hour.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “It’s a situation beyond our control, but nevertheless we want to offer our apologies to people who have had a very difficult journey as a result.”
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield