First Capital Connect delays update: No trains from Welham Green or Brookmans Park toward London tonight
- Credit: Archant
NO trains are likely to run from Welham Green or Brookmans Park into London this evening, operator First Capital Connect has confirmed.
It follows a day of delays due to an overhead signalling problem close to Potters Bar.
An FCC spokesman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We’ve still got delays, and the stopping services still can’t call at Welham Green, Brookmans Park or Potters Bar (toward London) because that’s where the wires are down on the slow line.”
Slow services from London to Welwyn Garden City are stopping at all stations, he said.
FCC says it is hopeful that delays on the Hertford loop line can be cleared before the evening rush hour.
A spokesman said: “It’s a situation beyond our control, but nevertheless we want to offer our apologies to people who have had a very difficult journey as a result.”
- 1 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 2 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 3 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 4 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 5 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 6 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 9 'Friendship zone' created in Welwyn school
- 10 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens