First Capital Connect commuter chaos
- Credit: Archant
RAIL users will face long delays this morning (Friday) on the First Capital Connect commuter line going through Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
Due to signalling issues and overhead power cables at New Barnet the line between Peterborough, Cambridge and London King’s Cross has been suspended.
This includes stations at Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar.
Trains are being redirected via Hertford North and passengers are being asked to use the bus or tube by both First Capital Connect and Network Rail.
Network Rail tweeted to say it is on site and trying to fix the problems.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “Track and Signalling & Telecoms engineers are on site working to resolve the problem ASAP.”
Neither company could say when normal service would resume.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield