First Capital Connect commuter chaos
- Credit: Archant
RAIL users will face long delays this morning (Friday) on the First Capital Connect commuter line going through Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
Due to signalling issues and overhead power cables at New Barnet the line between Peterborough, Cambridge and London King’s Cross has been suspended.
This includes stations at Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar.
Trains are being redirected via Hertford North and passengers are being asked to use the bus or tube by both First Capital Connect and Network Rail.
Network Rail tweeted to say it is on site and trying to fix the problems.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “Track and Signalling & Telecoms engineers are on site working to resolve the problem ASAP.”
Neither company could say when normal service would resume.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 4 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM