First Capital Connect commuter chaos
- Credit: Archant
RAIL users will face long delays this morning (Friday) on the First Capital Connect commuter line going through Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
Due to signalling issues and overhead power cables at New Barnet the line between Peterborough, Cambridge and London King’s Cross has been suspended.
This includes stations at Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar.
Trains are being redirected via Hertford North and passengers are being asked to use the bus or tube by both First Capital Connect and Network Rail.
Network Rail tweeted to say it is on site and trying to fix the problems.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “Track and Signalling & Telecoms engineers are on site working to resolve the problem ASAP.”
Neither company could say when normal service would resume.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses