First Capital Connect commuter chaos
- Credit: Archant
RAIL users will face long delays this morning (Friday) on the First Capital Connect commuter line going through Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
Due to signalling issues and overhead power cables at New Barnet the line between Peterborough, Cambridge and London King’s Cross has been suspended.
This includes stations at Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar.
Trains are being redirected via Hertford North and passengers are being asked to use the bus or tube by both First Capital Connect and Network Rail.
Network Rail tweeted to say it is on site and trying to fix the problems.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “Track and Signalling & Telecoms engineers are on site working to resolve the problem ASAP.”
Neither company could say when normal service would resume.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town