First Capital Connect commuter chaos
- Credit: Archant
RAIL users will face long delays this morning (Friday) on the First Capital Connect commuter line going through Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
Due to signalling issues and overhead power cables at New Barnet the line between Peterborough, Cambridge and London King’s Cross has been suspended.
This includes stations at Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar.
Trains are being redirected via Hertford North and passengers are being asked to use the bus or tube by both First Capital Connect and Network Rail.
Network Rail tweeted to say it is on site and trying to fix the problems.
A spokesman said: “Track and Signalling & Telecoms engineers are on site working to resolve the problem ASAP.”
Neither company could say when normal service would resume.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 4 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 5 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 6 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 7 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 10 Purse stolen in Hatfield