First Capital Connect cancels Great Northern train services
A SHORTAGE of drivers is continuing to cause disruptions to train services travelling through Times Territory’s main stations today.
First Capital Connect (FCC) has cancelled 10 trains on the Great Northern route.
More cancellations – which will affect Knebworth, Welwyn North, WGC, Hatfield, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar railway stations – are planned for the remainder of the week.
The disruption has come about because drivers are refusing to work overtime and have decided to work to rule in a dispute over pay.
A FCC spokesman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Talks continue, we have met the union [Aslef] on Friday and Monday and will meet again today to discuss pay.
You may also want to watch:
“We are keen to reach a resolution as quickly as possible.”
He added: “It looks like a small number of cancellations may affect services for the remainder of the week - but we are trying to ensure these are kept away from peak hours.”
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 9 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
Aslef said it is balloting members for industrial action over a two-year pay offer which would mean at least 3 per cent from next April.