First Capital Connect cancels Great Northern train services
A SHORTAGE of drivers is continuing to cause disruptions to train services travelling through Times Territory’s main stations today.
First Capital Connect (FCC) has cancelled 10 trains on the Great Northern route.
More cancellations – which will affect Knebworth, Welwyn North, WGC, Hatfield, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar railway stations – are planned for the remainder of the week.
The disruption has come about because drivers are refusing to work overtime and have decided to work to rule in a dispute over pay.
A FCC spokesman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Talks continue, we have met the union [Aslef] on Friday and Monday and will meet again today to discuss pay.
You may also want to watch:
“We are keen to reach a resolution as quickly as possible.”
He added: “It looks like a small number of cancellations may affect services for the remainder of the week - but we are trying to ensure these are kept away from peak hours.”
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
Aslef said it is balloting members for industrial action over a two-year pay offer which would mean at least 3 per cent from next April.