First Capital Connect cancels Great Northern train services
A SHORTAGE of drivers is continuing to cause disruptions to train services travelling through Times Territory’s main stations today.
First Capital Connect (FCC) has cancelled 10 trains on the Great Northern route.
More cancellations – which will affect Knebworth, Welwyn North, WGC, Hatfield, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar railway stations – are planned for the remainder of the week.
The disruption has come about because drivers are refusing to work overtime and have decided to work to rule in a dispute over pay.
A FCC spokesman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Talks continue, we have met the union [Aslef] on Friday and Monday and will meet again today to discuss pay.
You may also want to watch:
“We are keen to reach a resolution as quickly as possible.”
He added: “It looks like a small number of cancellations may affect services for the remainder of the week - but we are trying to ensure these are kept away from peak hours.”
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Aslef said it is balloting members for industrial action over a two-year pay offer which would mean at least 3 per cent from next April.