First Capital Connect cancels Great Northern train services
A SHORTAGE of drivers is continuing to cause disruptions to train services travelling through Times Territory’s main stations today.
First Capital Connect (FCC) has cancelled 10 trains on the Great Northern route.
More cancellations – which will affect Knebworth, Welwyn North, WGC, Hatfield, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar railway stations – are planned for the remainder of the week.
The disruption has come about because drivers are refusing to work overtime and have decided to work to rule in a dispute over pay.
A FCC spokesman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Talks continue, we have met the union [Aslef] on Friday and Monday and will meet again today to discuss pay.
You may also want to watch:
“We are keen to reach a resolution as quickly as possible.”
He added: “It looks like a small number of cancellations may affect services for the remainder of the week - but we are trying to ensure these are kept away from peak hours.”
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 7 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 8 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event
- 9 Crashes and flooding on A1(M) and M25 causing delays
- 10 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
Aslef said it is balloting members for industrial action over a two-year pay offer which would mean at least 3 per cent from next April.