First Capital Connect braced for 70mph winds to impact rail services
- Credit: Archant
Winds of 70mph are set to strike this afternoon, a rail operator has warned, with services set to be affected.
The strong gusts are expected to start at 4pm today (Monday) and continue until tomorrow morning.
Rail firm First Capital Connect is expecting the wind to have a major impact on services.
A statement on the firm’s website said: “Severe weather is expected to impact our network over the coming days.
“Winds of 70mph are expected from 16.00 Monday to 10.00 Tuesday and trains will be running at reduced speed to reduce the safety risk associated with trees and other debris being blown on to the railway lines.
You may also want to watch:
“We advise you to travel on Monday and Tuesday only if your journey is necessary.”
On the Great Northern Route, which serves stations including Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Knebworth, rail chiefs have warned the forecast winds are likely to cause further disruption.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 8 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
Evening peak restrictions will be lifted.