Fire causes train chaos for London commuters
- Credit: Archant
A FIRE near trainlines has caused wide spread disruption to travellers who are already battling the snow.
The blaze near Moorgate this morning (Monday) has led to cancellations and disruptions for commuters travelling into London.
A statement on rail operator First Capital Connect’s website read: “Owing to an earlier line-side fire between Finsbury Park and Moorgate all lines are blocked.
“Train services running through these stations may be cancelled or diverted to London Kings Cross at short notice. All stations between Finsbury Park and Moorgate will not be served.
“An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.
You may also want to watch:
“Underground services are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.”
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022