Fire causes train chaos for London commuters
- Credit: Archant
A FIRE near trainlines has caused wide spread disruption to travellers who are already battling the snow.
The blaze near Moorgate this morning (Monday) has led to cancellations and disruptions for commuters travelling into London.
A statement on rail operator First Capital Connect’s website read: “Owing to an earlier line-side fire between Finsbury Park and Moorgate all lines are blocked.
“Train services running through these stations may be cancelled or diverted to London Kings Cross at short notice. All stations between Finsbury Park and Moorgate will not be served.
“An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.
You may also want to watch:
“Underground services are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.”
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced