Fire causes train chaos for London commuters
- Credit: Archant
A FIRE near trainlines has caused wide spread disruption to travellers who are already battling the snow.
The blaze near Moorgate this morning (Monday) has led to cancellations and disruptions for commuters travelling into London.
A statement on rail operator First Capital Connect’s website read: “Owing to an earlier line-side fire between Finsbury Park and Moorgate all lines are blocked.
“Train services running through these stations may be cancelled or diverted to London Kings Cross at short notice. All stations between Finsbury Park and Moorgate will not be served.
“An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.
You may also want to watch:
“Underground services are conveying passengers via any reasonable route until further notice.”
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan