Faulty station lights force train cancellation
- Credit: Archant
Faulty lights sparked misery for commuters yesterday (Monday) when a station was plunged into darkness.
Trains could not call in WGC for two hours between 4.34pm and 6.34pm.
It is now fixed, but rail users were unimpressed at the time.
Tilly Sampson took to Twitter to register her disgust.
She posted: “Welwyn station shut. Like I needed another reason not to work here #angry.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for rail operator First Capital Connect apologised for any problems its passengers faced.
They said: “Due to technical issues at WGC station yesterday evening the lighting was temporarily out. This meant that no trains were able to stop at the station between 16.34 and 18.34.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 10 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
“Replacement buses were in operation between Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City as well as ticket acceptance being available on local bus operators.
“The issue has been resolved and we apologise for any inconvenience caused to our passengers.”