Fatal collision on the M25 near South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following a fatal crash on the M25 near South Mimms.
At around 11.35pm yesterday (Easter Sunday, March 27), three vehicles – a grey BMW X5, a green Peugeot 206 and a silver MG TF – travelling on the anti-clockwise carriageway between Junction 23 (South Mimms) and Junction 22 (London Colney) were in collision.
The BMW left the carriageway and overturned. The driver – a man in his 40s and the only occupant of the vehicle – was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to Herts Police, the driver of the Peugeot, a woman in her 30s, and the driver of the MG, a woman in her 40s, both sustained slight injuries.
The M25 remains closed anti-clockwise between Junctions 23 and 22 while emergency repair work is carried out at the scene by the Highways Agency.
You may also want to watch:
PC Bruce Lister, from the Forensic Collision Investigation Unit, said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family at this extremely difficult time and a family liaison officer is currently supporting them.
“As part of our investigation we would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or the events leading up to it or who saw the vehicles prior to the incident.
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
“A number of people also now have dash cams installed in their vehicles and if anyone caught any part of the incident on film I would ask them to contact me as soon as possible.”
Anyone with any information in relation to this collision is asked to contact PC Lister via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101, quoting reference ISR 698 of March 27th.
* For further information about the M25 road closure, and to find out when it is lifted, monitor the Highways England Twitter feed https://twitter.com/HighwaysEAST