Fatal collision on the M25 near South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses and information following a fatal crash on the M25 near South Mimms.
At around 11.35pm yesterday (Easter Sunday, March 27), three vehicles – a grey BMW X5, a green Peugeot 206 and a silver MG TF – travelling on the anti-clockwise carriageway between Junction 23 (South Mimms) and Junction 22 (London Colney) were in collision.
The BMW left the carriageway and overturned. The driver – a man in his 40s and the only occupant of the vehicle – was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to Herts Police, the driver of the Peugeot, a woman in her 30s, and the driver of the MG, a woman in her 40s, both sustained slight injuries.
The M25 remains closed anti-clockwise between Junctions 23 and 22 while emergency repair work is carried out at the scene by the Highways Agency.
You may also want to watch:
PC Bruce Lister, from the Forensic Collision Investigation Unit, said: “Our thoughts are with the man’s family at this extremely difficult time and a family liaison officer is currently supporting them.
“As part of our investigation we would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or the events leading up to it or who saw the vehicles prior to the incident.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 10 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
“A number of people also now have dash cams installed in their vehicles and if anyone caught any part of the incident on film I would ask them to contact me as soon as possible.”
Anyone with any information in relation to this collision is asked to contact PC Lister via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101, quoting reference ISR 698 of March 27th.
* For further information about the M25 road closure, and to find out when it is lifted, monitor the Highways England Twitter feed https://twitter.com/HighwaysEAST