Fallen tree blocks road in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A tree blew over and blocked a road in Welwyn Garden City.
The tree collapsed in Black Fan Road, in Panshanger, as high winds battered the area. Police closed the road near to Morrisons in both directions last night (Wednesday).
A police spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We were called at 5.20pm to a tree across the road, which was blocking the road.
“Our roads policing officers managed to cut the tree up.
“Highways were then contacted to remove it.”
You may also want to watch:
The tree was on the grass verge and pavement this morning.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 4 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 8 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 9 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses