Fallen tree blocks road in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A tree blew over and blocked a road in Welwyn Garden City.
The tree collapsed in Black Fan Road, in Panshanger, as high winds battered the area. Police closed the road near to Morrisons in both directions last night (Wednesday).
A police spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We were called at 5.20pm to a tree across the road, which was blocking the road.
“Our roads policing officers managed to cut the tree up.
“Highways were then contacted to remove it.”
You may also want to watch:
The tree was on the grass verge and pavement this morning.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator