Fallen tree blocks road in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A tree blew over and blocked a road in Welwyn Garden City.
The tree collapsed in Black Fan Road, in Panshanger, as high winds battered the area. Police closed the road near to Morrisons in both directions last night (Wednesday).
A police spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We were called at 5.20pm to a tree across the road, which was blocking the road.
“Our roads policing officers managed to cut the tree up.
“Highways were then contacted to remove it.”
You may also want to watch:
The tree was on the grass verge and pavement this morning.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?