Fallen tree blocks road in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A tree blew over and blocked a road in Welwyn Garden City.
The tree collapsed in Black Fan Road, in Panshanger, as high winds battered the area. Police closed the road near to Morrisons in both directions last night (Wednesday).
A police spokeswoman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “We were called at 5.20pm to a tree across the road, which was blocking the road.
“Our roads policing officers managed to cut the tree up.
“Highways were then contacted to remove it.”
You may also want to watch:
The tree was on the grass verge and pavement this morning.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement