Extra trains to run from Welwyn Garden City this winter
RAIL users in Times Territory are set to benefit from extra seats on peak services.
From December, up to four additional trains will run from WGC to London Moorgate each morning.
A number of existing services will also be lengthened to provide more seats for passengers.
In total, rail operator First Capital Connect (FCC) will introduce an extra 41 carriages – or 6,500 seats – onto the Great Northern route during peak times.
The pledge came after the company was given more than �27m by the Department for Transport.
Transport minister Chris Mole said: “More people than ever in recent times are choosing to travel by train and it’s vital we keep pace with this growth.
FCC managing director Neal Lawson said: “There will be significant increases in capacity for our customers, especially at the busiest times of day.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 6 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 10 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
“We will be adding additional services and strengthening existing services to six, eight and twelve carriages long.”