Extra trains to run from Welwyn Garden City this winter
RAIL users in Times Territory are set to benefit from extra seats on peak services.
From December, up to four additional trains will run from WGC to London Moorgate each morning.
A number of existing services will also be lengthened to provide more seats for passengers.
In total, rail operator First Capital Connect (FCC) will introduce an extra 41 carriages – or 6,500 seats – onto the Great Northern route during peak times.
The pledge came after the company was given more than �27m by the Department for Transport.
You may also want to watch:
Transport minister Chris Mole said: “More people than ever in recent times are choosing to travel by train and it’s vital we keep pace with this growth.
FCC managing director Neal Lawson said: “There will be significant increases in capacity for our customers, especially at the busiest times of day.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 7 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
“We will be adding additional services and strengthening existing services to six, eight and twelve carriages long.”