Extra trains to run from Welwyn Garden City this winter
RAIL users in Times Territory are set to benefit from extra seats on peak services.
From December, up to four additional trains will run from WGC to London Moorgate each morning.
A number of existing services will also be lengthened to provide more seats for passengers.
In total, rail operator First Capital Connect (FCC) will introduce an extra 41 carriages – or 6,500 seats – onto the Great Northern route during peak times.
The pledge came after the company was given more than �27m by the Department for Transport.
You may also want to watch:
Transport minister Chris Mole said: “More people than ever in recent times are choosing to travel by train and it’s vital we keep pace with this growth.
FCC managing director Neal Lawson said: “There will be significant increases in capacity for our customers, especially at the busiest times of day.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
“We will be adding additional services and strengthening existing services to six, eight and twelve carriages long.”