Extra trains to run from Welwyn Garden City this winter
RAIL users in Times Territory are set to benefit from extra seats on peak services.
From December, up to four additional trains will run from WGC to London Moorgate each morning.
A number of existing services will also be lengthened to provide more seats for passengers.
In total, rail operator First Capital Connect (FCC) will introduce an extra 41 carriages – or 6,500 seats – onto the Great Northern route during peak times.
The pledge came after the company was given more than �27m by the Department for Transport.
You may also want to watch:
Transport minister Chris Mole said: “More people than ever in recent times are choosing to travel by train and it’s vital we keep pace with this growth.
FCC managing director Neal Lawson said: “There will be significant increases in capacity for our customers, especially at the busiest times of day.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
“We will be adding additional services and strengthening existing services to six, eight and twelve carriages long.”