Driver who crashed car in Welwyn Garden City flees the scene
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a driver who overturned his car in Welwyn Garden City and then fled the scene.
The accident happened in the early hours of Monday morning on Holwell Road, when the car crashed into a parked car and flipped over.
The driver somehow managed to clamber free of the vehicle but had disappeared by the time police arrived.
A spokesman for the police said: “Police were called to Holwell Road, Welwyn Garden City, at around 12.50am on Monday, August 31, following a road traffic collision.
“A yellow Volkswagen Golf was in collision with a parked grey Volvo estate and a lamppost.
You may also want to watch:
“The Golf overturned as a result of the collision.
“When police arrived, the driver of the Golf wasn’t with the vehicle. A search of the area was conducted but the driver wasn’t found.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
“Enquiries are on-going to identify the driver.”
Fire crews from WGC were also called as the car was reported smoking.
A spokesman for them said: “One car was on its side in the road. No people were trapped and no fire-fighting was needed.”
The spokesman also added that one person was given first aid on the scene although it is not known who this was.