Driver who crashed car in Welwyn Garden City flees the scene
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a driver who overturned his car in Welwyn Garden City and then fled the scene.
The accident happened in the early hours of Monday morning on Holwell Road, when the car crashed into a parked car and flipped over.
The driver somehow managed to clamber free of the vehicle but had disappeared by the time police arrived.
A spokesman for the police said: “Police were called to Holwell Road, Welwyn Garden City, at around 12.50am on Monday, August 31, following a road traffic collision.
“A yellow Volkswagen Golf was in collision with a parked grey Volvo estate and a lamppost.
You may also want to watch:
“The Golf overturned as a result of the collision.
“When police arrived, the driver of the Golf wasn’t with the vehicle. A search of the area was conducted but the driver wasn’t found.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
“Enquiries are on-going to identify the driver.”
Fire crews from WGC were also called as the car was reported smoking.
A spokesman for them said: “One car was on its side in the road. No people were trapped and no fire-fighting was needed.”
The spokesman also added that one person was given first aid on the scene although it is not known who this was.