Driver who crashed car in Welwyn Garden City flees the scene
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a driver who overturned his car in Welwyn Garden City and then fled the scene.
The accident happened in the early hours of Monday morning on Holwell Road, when the car crashed into a parked car and flipped over.
The driver somehow managed to clamber free of the vehicle but had disappeared by the time police arrived.
A spokesman for the police said: “Police were called to Holwell Road, Welwyn Garden City, at around 12.50am on Monday, August 31, following a road traffic collision.
“A yellow Volkswagen Golf was in collision with a parked grey Volvo estate and a lamppost.
“The Golf overturned as a result of the collision.
“When police arrived, the driver of the Golf wasn’t with the vehicle. A search of the area was conducted but the driver wasn’t found.
- 1 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 League Two sides heading to Potters Bar Town for pre-season
- 9 Man suffers leg injuries after stabbing at Queensway in Hatfield
- 10 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
“Enquiries are on-going to identify the driver.”
Fire crews from WGC were also called as the car was reported smoking.
A spokesman for them said: “One car was on its side in the road. No people were trapped and no fire-fighting was needed.”
The spokesman also added that one person was given first aid on the scene although it is not known who this was.