Driver who crashed car in Welwyn Garden City flees the scene
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting a driver who overturned his car in Welwyn Garden City and then fled the scene.
The accident happened in the early hours of Monday morning on Holwell Road, when the car crashed into a parked car and flipped over.
The driver somehow managed to clamber free of the vehicle but had disappeared by the time police arrived.
A spokesman for the police said: “Police were called to Holwell Road, Welwyn Garden City, at around 12.50am on Monday, August 31, following a road traffic collision.
“A yellow Volkswagen Golf was in collision with a parked grey Volvo estate and a lamppost.
You may also want to watch:
“The Golf overturned as a result of the collision.
“When police arrived, the driver of the Golf wasn’t with the vehicle. A search of the area was conducted but the driver wasn’t found.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 8 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime
“Enquiries are on-going to identify the driver.”
Fire crews from WGC were also called as the car was reported smoking.
A spokesman for them said: “One car was on its side in the road. No people were trapped and no fire-fighting was needed.”
The spokesman also added that one person was given first aid on the scene although it is not known who this was.