Downpour causes emergency closure of road
HEAVY rain throughout today (Thursday) has forced a road to be closed off, and is set to cause disruption for commuters in the evening rush hour.
The B656 Codicote Road, betwee Codicote and Welwyn, where night-time resurfacing works are currently under way, will be shut from 4.30pm today.
It is expected to remain closed until the morning.
A Hertfordshire County Council spokeswoman said: “The temporary road surface has been damaged by today’s heavy rain making it unsafe for drivers.
“Crews from Hertfordshire Highways will work overnight to make repairs so that the road is safe to use tomorrow and over the weekend.”
You may also want to watch:
A signed diversion is in place.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man