Downpour causes emergency closure of road
HEAVY rain throughout today (Thursday) has forced a road to be closed off, and is set to cause disruption for commuters in the evening rush hour.
The B656 Codicote Road, betwee Codicote and Welwyn, where night-time resurfacing works are currently under way, will be shut from 4.30pm today.
It is expected to remain closed until the morning.
A Hertfordshire County Council spokeswoman said: “The temporary road surface has been damaged by today’s heavy rain making it unsafe for drivers.
“Crews from Hertfordshire Highways will work overnight to make repairs so that the road is safe to use tomorrow and over the weekend.”
You may also want to watch:
A signed diversion is in place.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist