Downpour causes emergency closure of road
HEAVY rain throughout today (Thursday) has forced a road to be closed off, and is set to cause disruption for commuters in the evening rush hour.
The B656 Codicote Road, betwee Codicote and Welwyn, where night-time resurfacing works are currently under way, will be shut from 4.30pm today.
It is expected to remain closed until the morning.
A Hertfordshire County Council spokeswoman said: “The temporary road surface has been damaged by today’s heavy rain making it unsafe for drivers.
“Crews from Hertfordshire Highways will work overnight to make repairs so that the road is safe to use tomorrow and over the weekend.”
You may also want to watch:
A signed diversion is in place.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?