Downpour causes emergency closure of road
HEAVY rain throughout today (Thursday) has forced a road to be closed off, and is set to cause disruption for commuters in the evening rush hour.
The B656 Codicote Road, betwee Codicote and Welwyn, where night-time resurfacing works are currently under way, will be shut from 4.30pm today.
It is expected to remain closed until the morning.
A Hertfordshire County Council spokeswoman said: “The temporary road surface has been damaged by today’s heavy rain making it unsafe for drivers.
“Crews from Hertfordshire Highways will work overnight to make repairs so that the road is safe to use tomorrow and over the weekend.”
You may also want to watch:
A signed diversion is in place.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 4 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 5 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 6 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Isabel Hospice Lights of Love ceremonies return to celebrate the lives of loved ones lost