Burst water main in Digswell
- Credit: Streetview
Herts County Council has reported emergency works on a burst water main in Digswell.
A section of Harmer Green Lane in Digswell remains closed for road works.
The stretch close to Burnham Green is currently under a planned closure between December 23-29, blocking the route from Digswell.
Herts County Council’s Twitter account reported today: “ROAD CLOSURE: Harmer Green Lane, Digswell Welwyn, closed due to emergency water works on burst main.”
Affinity Water, which is responsible for the water supply, received one call about there being no water on December 23.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said today (December 27): “We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by a burst on Harmer Green Lane, Digswell on 23 December.
“This was repaired the same day and barriers and signage were left in place on one side of the road, where there was consequential damage, to ensure the safety of commuters and allow traffic access.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
“The reinstatement of the road is due to be completed by tomorrow.”