Burst water main in Digswell
- Credit: Streetview
Herts County Council has reported emergency works on a burst water main in Digswell.
A section of Harmer Green Lane in Digswell remains closed for road works.
The stretch close to Burnham Green is currently under a planned closure between December 23-29, blocking the route from Digswell.
Herts County Council’s Twitter account reported today: “ROAD CLOSURE: Harmer Green Lane, Digswell Welwyn, closed due to emergency water works on burst main.”
Affinity Water, which is responsible for the water supply, received one call about there being no water on December 23.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said today (December 27): “We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by a burst on Harmer Green Lane, Digswell on 23 December.
“This was repaired the same day and barriers and signage were left in place on one side of the road, where there was consequential damage, to ensure the safety of commuters and allow traffic access.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
“The reinstatement of the road is due to be completed by tomorrow.”