Burst water main in Digswell
- Credit: Streetview
Herts County Council has reported emergency works on a burst water main in Digswell.
A section of Harmer Green Lane in Digswell remains closed for road works.
The stretch close to Burnham Green is currently under a planned closure between December 23-29, blocking the route from Digswell.
Herts County Council’s Twitter account reported today: “ROAD CLOSURE: Harmer Green Lane, Digswell Welwyn, closed due to emergency water works on burst main.”
Affinity Water, which is responsible for the water supply, received one call about there being no water on December 23.
A spokesperson said today (December 27): “We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by a burst on Harmer Green Lane, Digswell on 23 December.
“This was repaired the same day and barriers and signage were left in place on one side of the road, where there was consequential damage, to ensure the safety of commuters and allow traffic access.
- 1 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 2 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 3 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 4 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 5 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 8 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
- 9 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 10 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
“The reinstatement of the road is due to be completed by tomorrow.”