Burst water main in Digswell
- Credit: Streetview
Herts County Council has reported emergency works on a burst water main in Digswell.
A section of Harmer Green Lane in Digswell remains closed for road works.
The stretch close to Burnham Green is currently under a planned closure between December 23-29, blocking the route from Digswell.
Herts County Council’s Twitter account reported today: “ROAD CLOSURE: Harmer Green Lane, Digswell Welwyn, closed due to emergency water works on burst main.”
Affinity Water, which is responsible for the water supply, received one call about there being no water on December 23.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said today (December 27): “We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by a burst on Harmer Green Lane, Digswell on 23 December.
“This was repaired the same day and barriers and signage were left in place on one side of the road, where there was consequential damage, to ensure the safety of commuters and allow traffic access.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
“The reinstatement of the road is due to be completed by tomorrow.”