Burst water main in Digswell
- Credit: Streetview
Herts County Council has reported emergency works on a burst water main in Digswell.
A section of Harmer Green Lane in Digswell remains closed for road works.
The stretch close to Burnham Green is currently under a planned closure between December 23-29, blocking the route from Digswell.
Herts County Council’s Twitter account reported today: “ROAD CLOSURE: Harmer Green Lane, Digswell Welwyn, closed due to emergency water works on burst main.”
Affinity Water, which is responsible for the water supply, received one call about there being no water on December 23.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said today (December 27): “We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by a burst on Harmer Green Lane, Digswell on 23 December.
“This was repaired the same day and barriers and signage were left in place on one side of the road, where there was consequential damage, to ensure the safety of commuters and allow traffic access.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
“The reinstatement of the road is due to be completed by tomorrow.”