Delays and cancellations to Great Northern rail services into London
- Credit: Archant
Commuters into London from Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar face delays and possible cancellations today (Monday) due to over-running engineering works.
Weekend engineering works in the Hadley Wood area have yet to be completed, meaning one of the two lines towards London will remain blocked all day, and services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate will be disrupted.
Some trains travelling towards London may not be able to call at Hadley Wood or New Barnet.
Passengers affected at those stations may travel to Potters Bar to connect with a train towards London.
All other services may be delayed by up to 20 minutes, according to National Rail’s website.
Rail operator Thameslink (@TLRailUK) tweeted this morning (Monday): “Over-running engineering works between #WelwynGardenCity & #AlexandraPalace. London Underground & East Coast are accepting our tickets”
You may also want to watch:
The Great Northern (@GNRailUK) Twitter feed also tweeted: “Services are being cancelled and delayed due to over-running engineering works between #WelwynGardenCity and #AlexandraPalace.
A futher tweet added: “Some services will not be able to call at either Hadley Wood or New Barnet. Please circulate via Potters Bar and use London Underground.”
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences