Delays and cancellations to Great Northern rail services into London
- Credit: Archant
Commuters into London from Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar face delays and possible cancellations today (Monday) due to over-running engineering works.
Weekend engineering works in the Hadley Wood area have yet to be completed, meaning one of the two lines towards London will remain blocked all day, and services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate will be disrupted.
Some trains travelling towards London may not be able to call at Hadley Wood or New Barnet.
Passengers affected at those stations may travel to Potters Bar to connect with a train towards London.
All other services may be delayed by up to 20 minutes, according to National Rail’s website.
Rail operator Thameslink (@TLRailUK) tweeted this morning (Monday): “Over-running engineering works between #WelwynGardenCity & #AlexandraPalace. London Underground & East Coast are accepting our tickets”
You may also want to watch:
The Great Northern (@GNRailUK) Twitter feed also tweeted: “Services are being cancelled and delayed due to over-running engineering works between #WelwynGardenCity and #AlexandraPalace.
A futher tweet added: “Some services will not be able to call at either Hadley Wood or New Barnet. Please circulate via Potters Bar and use London Underground.”
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place