Delays and cancellations to Great Northern rail services into London
- Credit: Archant
Commuters into London from Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar face delays and possible cancellations today (Monday) due to over-running engineering works.
Weekend engineering works in the Hadley Wood area have yet to be completed, meaning one of the two lines towards London will remain blocked all day, and services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate will be disrupted.
Some trains travelling towards London may not be able to call at Hadley Wood or New Barnet.
Passengers affected at those stations may travel to Potters Bar to connect with a train towards London.
All other services may be delayed by up to 20 minutes, according to National Rail’s website.
Rail operator Thameslink (@TLRailUK) tweeted this morning (Monday): “Over-running engineering works between #WelwynGardenCity & #AlexandraPalace. London Underground & East Coast are accepting our tickets”
You may also want to watch:
The Great Northern (@GNRailUK) Twitter feed also tweeted: “Services are being cancelled and delayed due to over-running engineering works between #WelwynGardenCity and #AlexandraPalace.
A futher tweet added: “Some services will not be able to call at either Hadley Wood or New Barnet. Please circulate via Potters Bar and use London Underground.”
- 1 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 2 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 6 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook