Delays and cancellations to Great Northern rail services into London
- Credit: Archant
Commuters into London from Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar face delays and possible cancellations today (Monday) due to over-running engineering works.
Weekend engineering works in the Hadley Wood area have yet to be completed, meaning one of the two lines towards London will remain blocked all day, and services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate will be disrupted.
Some trains travelling towards London may not be able to call at Hadley Wood or New Barnet.
Passengers affected at those stations may travel to Potters Bar to connect with a train towards London.
All other services may be delayed by up to 20 minutes, according to National Rail’s website.
Rail operator Thameslink (@TLRailUK) tweeted this morning (Monday): “Over-running engineering works between #WelwynGardenCity & #AlexandraPalace. London Underground & East Coast are accepting our tickets”
You may also want to watch:
The Great Northern (@GNRailUK) Twitter feed also tweeted: “Services are being cancelled and delayed due to over-running engineering works between #WelwynGardenCity and #AlexandraPalace.
A futher tweet added: “Some services will not be able to call at either Hadley Wood or New Barnet. Please circulate via Potters Bar and use London Underground.”
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 4 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Teenager charged after 'Rambo knife' and suspected class A drugs found
- 8 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station