Delays and cancellations at Welwyn Garden City rail station, First Capital Connect announces
- Credit: Archant
Commuters face more misery this morning (Tuesday) due to over-running engineering works, rail bosses have confirmed.
No northbound trains are currently leaving Welwyn Garden City, with train operator First Capital Connect urging passengers to find alternative routes.
A southbound service was resumed at around 7.30am this morning.
Passengers across Welwyn Hatfield are also reporting lengthy delays.
It comes shortly after the rail operator predicted a return to normal services following a day of cancellations due to storm damage.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from First Capital Connect said: “Train services running through this station (Welwyn Garden City) may be cancelled or delayed by up to 30 mins at short notice.
“An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
A limited service ran yesterday afternoon, and emergency engineering work was carried out by Network Rail at Hatfield overnight.
Have you been affected by the delays? Let us know what you think by dropping us an email at email@example.com