Delays and cancellations at Welwyn Garden City rail station, First Capital Connect announces
- Credit: Archant
Commuters face more misery this morning (Tuesday) due to over-running engineering works, rail bosses have confirmed.
No northbound trains are currently leaving Welwyn Garden City, with train operator First Capital Connect urging passengers to find alternative routes.
A southbound service was resumed at around 7.30am this morning.
Passengers across Welwyn Hatfield are also reporting lengthy delays.
It comes shortly after the rail operator predicted a return to normal services following a day of cancellations due to storm damage.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from First Capital Connect said: “Train services running through this station (Welwyn Garden City) may be cancelled or delayed by up to 30 mins at short notice.
“An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.”
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
A limited service ran yesterday afternoon, and emergency engineering work was carried out by Network Rail at Hatfield overnight.
Have you been affected by the delays? Let us know what you think by dropping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org