Delays and cancellations at Welwyn Garden City rail station, First Capital Connect announces
- Credit: Archant
Commuters face more misery this morning (Tuesday) due to over-running engineering works, rail bosses have confirmed.
No northbound trains are currently leaving Welwyn Garden City, with train operator First Capital Connect urging passengers to find alternative routes.
A southbound service was resumed at around 7.30am this morning.
Passengers across Welwyn Hatfield are also reporting lengthy delays.
It comes shortly after the rail operator predicted a return to normal services following a day of cancellations due to storm damage.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from First Capital Connect said: “Train services running through this station (Welwyn Garden City) may be cancelled or delayed by up to 30 mins at short notice.
“An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
A limited service ran yesterday afternoon, and emergency engineering work was carried out by Network Rail at Hatfield overnight.
Have you been affected by the delays? Let us know what you think by dropping us an email at email@example.com