Delays and cancellations at Welwyn Garden City rail station, First Capital Connect announces
- Credit: Archant
Commuters face more misery this morning (Tuesday) due to over-running engineering works, rail bosses have confirmed.
No northbound trains are currently leaving Welwyn Garden City, with train operator First Capital Connect urging passengers to find alternative routes.
A southbound service was resumed at around 7.30am this morning.
Passengers across Welwyn Hatfield are also reporting lengthy delays.
It comes shortly after the rail operator predicted a return to normal services following a day of cancellations due to storm damage.
A statement from First Capital Connect said: “Train services running through this station (Welwyn Garden City) may be cancelled or delayed by up to 30 mins at short notice.
“An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.”
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Cuffley home care company recognised among best in east of England
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
- 8 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 10 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
A limited service ran yesterday afternoon, and emergency engineering work was carried out by Network Rail at Hatfield overnight.
Have you been affected by the delays? Let us know what you think by dropping us an email at email@example.com