Damaged overhead wires at Welwyn North Station causing major train disruption
- Credit: Archant
Damage to overhead wires at Welwyn North Station is causing disruption for commuters this morning.
The problem arose overnight, when workers were carrying out maintenance to the line.
Trains between Stevenage and London Kings Cross are being delayed by up to an hour, changed, or completely cancelled - the incident is not expected to resolve until midday.
Alternatively, there are services running between Welwyn Garden City Station and Hertford North or London, but they will not be stopping at Welwyn North or Knebworth.
However, there is a rail replacement bus operating between Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City which will be stopping at those stations.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson from station manager Great Northern Railway apologised for the inconvenience, urged passengers to check train timetables before they travel and reminded affected commuters about the delay repay scheme.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 8 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 9 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images