Cuffley faces delays of nearly an hour due to train signalling problems
- Credit: Archant
Cuffley passengers face delays of nearly an hour due to train signalling problems at Hertford North.
Govia-operated Great Northern says services to and from Hertford North may be cancelled at short notice.
There will also be a reduced service from Cuffley, Crews Hill, Hertford North and Bayford.
The fault lies with multiple signals being displayed as red, meaning danger, which means train drivers need to verbally authorise their progress along the route with the signaller.
This has resulted in delays with trains moving.
Watton-at-Stone is not served at this time. Passengers at the station, should board the rail replacement buses to Stevenage. From there, you can change for mainline services towards London or Bus services to Hertford North.
Disruption is expected till 4pm.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 8 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers