Cuffley gas leak causes tailbacks in Potters Bar
A GAS leak is causing traffic problems in Times Territory this afternoon.
Temporary traffic lights have been set up along Northaw Road, between Potters Bar and Cuffley, after a gas leak at the junction of Cattlegate Road earlier today (Wednesday).
One nearby house even had to be evacuated, as police closed off the road between The Causeway and Cattlegate Road, while the National Grid carried out repairs.
A National Grid spokeswoman said the leak had come from a medium pressure gas main, which usually run deep below the surface.
“We had to do quite a considerable amount of digging,” she said. “There will be temporary traffic lights set out today and tomorrow while we carry out a permanent repair.”
You may also want to watch:
The closure caused traffic to back up along Coopers Lane and into The Causeway and High Street in Potters Bar.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes