Cuffley gas leak causes tailbacks in Potters Bar
A GAS leak is causing traffic problems in Times Territory this afternoon.
Temporary traffic lights have been set up along Northaw Road, between Potters Bar and Cuffley, after a gas leak at the junction of Cattlegate Road earlier today (Wednesday).
One nearby house even had to be evacuated, as police closed off the road between The Causeway and Cattlegate Road, while the National Grid carried out repairs.
A National Grid spokeswoman said the leak had come from a medium pressure gas main, which usually run deep below the surface.
“We had to do quite a considerable amount of digging,” she said. “There will be temporary traffic lights set out today and tomorrow while we carry out a permanent repair.”
You may also want to watch:
The closure caused traffic to back up along Coopers Lane and into The Causeway and High Street in Potters Bar.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town