Cuffley gas leak causes tailbacks in Potters Bar
A GAS leak is causing traffic problems in Times Territory this afternoon.
Temporary traffic lights have been set up along Northaw Road, between Potters Bar and Cuffley, after a gas leak at the junction of Cattlegate Road earlier today (Wednesday).
One nearby house even had to be evacuated, as police closed off the road between The Causeway and Cattlegate Road, while the National Grid carried out repairs.
A National Grid spokeswoman said the leak had come from a medium pressure gas main, which usually run deep below the surface.
“We had to do quite a considerable amount of digging,” she said. “There will be temporary traffic lights set out today and tomorrow while we carry out a permanent repair.”
The closure caused traffic to back up along Coopers Lane and into The Causeway and High Street in Potters Bar.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 4 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 5 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 6 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 7 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 10 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby