Cuffley gas leak causes tailbacks in Potters Bar
A GAS leak is causing traffic problems in Times Territory this afternoon.
Temporary traffic lights have been set up along Northaw Road, between Potters Bar and Cuffley, after a gas leak at the junction of Cattlegate Road earlier today (Wednesday).
One nearby house even had to be evacuated, as police closed off the road between The Causeway and Cattlegate Road, while the National Grid carried out repairs.
A National Grid spokeswoman said the leak had come from a medium pressure gas main, which usually run deep below the surface.
“We had to do quite a considerable amount of digging,” she said. “There will be temporary traffic lights set out today and tomorrow while we carry out a permanent repair.”
You may also want to watch:
The closure caused traffic to back up along Coopers Lane and into The Causeway and High Street in Potters Bar.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party