Cuffley gas leak causes tailbacks in Potters Bar
A GAS leak is causing traffic problems in Times Territory this afternoon.
Temporary traffic lights have been set up along Northaw Road, between Potters Bar and Cuffley, after a gas leak at the junction of Cattlegate Road earlier today (Wednesday).
One nearby house even had to be evacuated, as police closed off the road between The Causeway and Cattlegate Road, while the National Grid carried out repairs.
A National Grid spokeswoman said the leak had come from a medium pressure gas main, which usually run deep below the surface.
“We had to do quite a considerable amount of digging,” she said. “There will be temporary traffic lights set out today and tomorrow while we carry out a permanent repair.”
You may also want to watch:
The closure caused traffic to back up along Coopers Lane and into The Causeway and High Street in Potters Bar.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield