Crash between Potters Bar and South Mimms causes delays
- Credit: PA
A crash this afternoon has caused delays on the M25 between Potters Bar and South Mimms.
Herts Police were called at around 12pm to reports that a Vauxhall Zafira had collided with the central reservation between Junction 23 and 24 on the anticlockwise carriageway.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “The ambulance team treated one patient, a male believed to be in his 40s, who was taken by ambulance to Barnet Hospital for further assessment.”
The collision resulted in two lanes being closed while highways services cleared debris from the road.
A Herts Police spokeswoman confirmed that another car in the resulting tailback also broke down, which added to the congestion.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England said the lanes have now been reopened and delays have started to ease, but warned motorists to plan ahead before using the route.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk