Crash between Potters Bar and South Mimms causes delays
- Credit: PA
A crash this afternoon has caused delays on the M25 between Potters Bar and South Mimms.
Herts Police were called at around 12pm to reports that a Vauxhall Zafira had collided with the central reservation between Junction 23 and 24 on the anticlockwise carriageway.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “The ambulance team treated one patient, a male believed to be in his 40s, who was taken by ambulance to Barnet Hospital for further assessment.”
The collision resulted in two lanes being closed while highways services cleared debris from the road.
A Herts Police spokeswoman confirmed that another car in the resulting tailback also broke down, which added to the congestion.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England said the lanes have now been reopened and delays have started to ease, but warned motorists to plan ahead before using the route.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Isabel Hospice Lights of Love ceremonies return to celebrate the lives of loved ones lost
- 6 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims