Crash between Potters Bar and South Mimms causes delays
- Credit: PA
A crash this afternoon has caused delays on the M25 between Potters Bar and South Mimms.
Herts Police were called at around 12pm to reports that a Vauxhall Zafira had collided with the central reservation between Junction 23 and 24 on the anticlockwise carriageway.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “The ambulance team treated one patient, a male believed to be in his 40s, who was taken by ambulance to Barnet Hospital for further assessment.”
The collision resulted in two lanes being closed while highways services cleared debris from the road.
A Herts Police spokeswoman confirmed that another car in the resulting tailback also broke down, which added to the congestion.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England said the lanes have now been reopened and delays have started to ease, but warned motorists to plan ahead before using the route.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 6 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled