Crash between Potters Bar and South Mimms causes delays
- Credit: PA
A crash this afternoon has caused delays on the M25 between Potters Bar and South Mimms.
Herts Police were called at around 12pm to reports that a Vauxhall Zafira had collided with the central reservation between Junction 23 and 24 on the anticlockwise carriageway.
An ambulance service spokesman said: “The ambulance team treated one patient, a male believed to be in his 40s, who was taken by ambulance to Barnet Hospital for further assessment.”
The collision resulted in two lanes being closed while highways services cleared debris from the road.
A Herts Police spokeswoman confirmed that another car in the resulting tailback also broke down, which added to the congestion.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England said the lanes have now been reopened and delays have started to ease, but warned motorists to plan ahead before using the route.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued