Consultation on the future of Hertfordshire bus services
THE future of spending on bus services in Hertfordshire will be discussed in a consultation, which will start on Monday.
Stuart Pile, executive member for highways and transport, said: “In our draft bus strategy we set out how we intend to spend public money on the county’s bus network.
“The strategy determines how we will work with commercial bus operators and how we will prioritise the limited amount of money available.
“In the difficult economic climate it’s vital that we identify the best way to use our resources. The new strategy aims to give us the flexibility to make the best use of our money in the short term, while setting out a plan for how we will develop the bus network over the next 20 years.”
The consultation will be available to respond to online from March 28 at www.hertsdirect.org/passengertransport or you can call 0300 123 4050 to request a paper copy.
You may also want to watch:
Residents have until June 6 to respond.
A separate consultation on school bus provision will be run in the summer term.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist