Commuters could face another day of chaos, train firm warns
RAIL bosses say a normal train service may return tomorrow – but warned commuters could face further delays.
Passengers in Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Knebworth and Potters Bar have been affected today, with many services heading towards London cancelled.
It follows a power line failure yesterday.
A spokesman from First Capital Connect (FCC) said work would be carried out overnight – but admitted getting the service back on track would be a challenge, because trains and crews may need to be shifted.
He said: “Network Rail say that they anticipate finishing the work early tomorrow morning.
You may also want to watch:
“If they are completely repaired, that line will be back open.
“Whether we’re able to run a normal service depends on where we’ve got trains and where we’ve got crews.”
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
A revised timetable for this evening has been drawn up.
To connect to the FCC website, click on the link, top right.