Commuters could face another day of chaos, train firm warns
RAIL bosses say a normal train service may return tomorrow – but warned commuters could face further delays.
Passengers in Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Knebworth and Potters Bar have been affected today, with many services heading towards London cancelled.
It follows a power line failure yesterday.
A spokesman from First Capital Connect (FCC) said work would be carried out overnight – but admitted getting the service back on track would be a challenge, because trains and crews may need to be shifted.
He said: “Network Rail say that they anticipate finishing the work early tomorrow morning.
You may also want to watch:
“If they are completely repaired, that line will be back open.
“Whether we’re able to run a normal service depends on where we’ve got trains and where we’ve got crews.”
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
A revised timetable for this evening has been drawn up.
To connect to the FCC website, click on the link, top right.