Commuter misery as First Capital Connect services delayed
THE Monday morning commute has turned into one of woe for rail passengers in Times Territory due to overrunning engineering works.
Major work on the line at Hitchin began at the weekend.
But this project has overrun, causing cancellations and major alterations to services this morning.
Since 6am, just two services on First Capital Connect’s Great Northern Route have run in each direction between Peterborough and London King’s Cross.
A shuttle train service is operating between Stevenage and London King’s Cross in both directions approximately every 20 minutes, calling at Knebworth, Welwyn North, WGC and Finsbury Park.
You may also want to watch:
All services through Times Territory’s stations are subject to change due to trains trapped north of Hitchin.
A spokesman said: “First Capital Connect and Network Rail apologise for the inevitable inconvenience this may cause you.”
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday