Commuter misery as First Capital Connect services delayed
THE Monday morning commute has turned into one of woe for rail passengers in Times Territory due to overrunning engineering works.
Major work on the line at Hitchin began at the weekend.
But this project has overrun, causing cancellations and major alterations to services this morning.
Since 6am, just two services on First Capital Connect’s Great Northern Route have run in each direction between Peterborough and London King’s Cross.
A shuttle train service is operating between Stevenage and London King’s Cross in both directions approximately every 20 minutes, calling at Knebworth, Welwyn North, WGC and Finsbury Park.
You may also want to watch:
All services through Times Territory’s stations are subject to change due to trains trapped north of Hitchin.
A spokesman said: “First Capital Connect and Network Rail apologise for the inevitable inconvenience this may cause you.”
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals