Commuter misery as First Capital Connect services delayed
THE Monday morning commute has turned into one of woe for rail passengers in Times Territory due to overrunning engineering works.
Major work on the line at Hitchin began at the weekend.
But this project has overrun, causing cancellations and major alterations to services this morning.
Since 6am, just two services on First Capital Connect’s Great Northern Route have run in each direction between Peterborough and London King’s Cross.
A shuttle train service is operating between Stevenage and London King’s Cross in both directions approximately every 20 minutes, calling at Knebworth, Welwyn North, WGC and Finsbury Park.
You may also want to watch:
All services through Times Territory’s stations are subject to change due to trains trapped north of Hitchin.
A spokesman said: “First Capital Connect and Network Rail apologise for the inevitable inconvenience this may cause you.”
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 4 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 5 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 6 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 7 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?