Commuter misery as First Capital Connect services delayed
THE Monday morning commute has turned into one of woe for rail passengers in Times Territory due to overrunning engineering works.
Major work on the line at Hitchin began at the weekend.
But this project has overrun, causing cancellations and major alterations to services this morning.
Since 6am, just two services on First Capital Connect’s Great Northern Route have run in each direction between Peterborough and London King’s Cross.
A shuttle train service is operating between Stevenage and London King’s Cross in both directions approximately every 20 minutes, calling at Knebworth, Welwyn North, WGC and Finsbury Park.
You may also want to watch:
All services through Times Territory’s stations are subject to change due to trains trapped north of Hitchin.
A spokesman said: “First Capital Connect and Network Rail apologise for the inevitable inconvenience this may cause you.”
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night