Commuter chaos continues after Welwyn gas leak
RUSH hour traffic was snarled up this morning (Thursday) as emergency repairs to a gas leak caused chaos for commuters.
One lane of the A1000 at Welwyn was closed at 9.30am yesterday to allow Transco workers to fix the leak.
The busy commuter route goes under the A1(M) motorway.
And this morning, all surrounding routes were jammed with motorists, including Mardley Hill/Great North Road, Church Street, Lockleys Drive and the Welwyn By-Pass Road.
A Transco spokeswoman said the gas leak was fixed last night, but the road was still shut into this morning for resurfacing.
A Herts Highways spokesman said: “Road users are advised to avoid the area if possible.”
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus