Commuter chaos continues after Welwyn gas leak
RUSH hour traffic was snarled up this morning (Thursday) as emergency repairs to a gas leak caused chaos for commuters.
One lane of the A1000 at Welwyn was closed at 9.30am yesterday to allow Transco workers to fix the leak.
The busy commuter route goes under the A1(M) motorway.
And this morning, all surrounding routes were jammed with motorists, including Mardley Hill/Great North Road, Church Street, Lockleys Drive and the Welwyn By-Pass Road.
A Transco spokeswoman said the gas leak was fixed last night, but the road was still shut into this morning for resurfacing.
You may also want to watch:
A Herts Highways spokesman said: “Road users are advised to avoid the area if possible.”
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 9 Nursey goes 'climate positive' by offsetting their carbon footprint
- 10 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced