Commuter chaos continues after Welwyn gas leak
RUSH hour traffic was snarled up this morning (Thursday) as emergency repairs to a gas leak caused chaos for commuters.
One lane of the A1000 at Welwyn was closed at 9.30am yesterday to allow Transco workers to fix the leak.
The busy commuter route goes under the A1(M) motorway.
And this morning, all surrounding routes were jammed with motorists, including Mardley Hill/Great North Road, Church Street, Lockleys Drive and the Welwyn By-Pass Road.
A Transco spokeswoman said the gas leak was fixed last night, but the road was still shut into this morning for resurfacing.
You may also want to watch:
A Herts Highways spokesman said: “Road users are advised to avoid the area if possible.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man