Classic cars on display in Woolmer Green
- Credit: Archant
From a 1915 Model T Ford to classic tractors, a huge variety of noteworthy vehicles were on show in Woolmer Green on Monday.
The second ever Wheels on Woolmer Green show on the village hall grounds was organised by parish councillor Grant Pinney with resident Rob McGuinness, raising money for Herts Air Ambulance and Prostate Cancer Research UK.
Councillor Pinney said: “It was so good to see so many people come and support Wheels on Woolmer Green over the course of the day. We had over 160 vehicles ranging from a 1915 Ford Model T to bikes, tractors, hotrods, classics and so much more. The variety of vehicles is what we believe makes Wheels on Woolmer Green so popular and I’m sure next year will be bigger and better.
“Thanks to all that came and supported us in raising funds.”
Prizes were awarded in various categories with “Best in Show” going to car enthusiast Daniel Webber.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I was very honoured and humbled to have been awarded the trophy for my 1957 Pontiac Starchief at this year’s Wheels on Woolmer Green show.
“I’ve owned the vehicle for three years now and she’s undergone many changes and upgrades since then, including a full respray in custom metal flake paint.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 6 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield's links to new Disney+ series WandaVision
“It’s extremely rewarding to see that all the hard work has paid off and that the members of the public in attendance at the show, who very kindly voted for her, also appreciated the finished product.”