Bus fire put out near Hatfield’s Herts Uni
- Credit: Archant
There has been a fire on a bus inbetween Hatfield and St Albans.
It took place on Albatross Way near the University of Hertfordshire's de Havilland Campus and is still causing traffic delays in the area.
Unobus says it's not using this Herts Uni entrance and advises its customers to use the front entrance in Mosquito Way instead.
Crews from Hatfield and St Albans fire arrived at the scene around 11.30am and crews started damping down at 12.15pm.
Rebecca O'Grady Hartley said she watched the fire being put out with other onlookers.
You may also want to watch:
"There was a loud explosion just after I took the first few pictures," Rebecca told this newspaper.
"I'd turned around to leave and I assume the fuel exploded. Very loud and shocking.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
"It drew quite a few people from the nearby houses".