Bus fire put out near Hatfield’s Herts Uni
- Credit: Archant
There has been a fire on a bus inbetween Hatfield and St Albans.
It took place on Albatross Way near the University of Hertfordshire's de Havilland Campus and is still causing traffic delays in the area.
Unobus says it's not using this Herts Uni entrance and advises its customers to use the front entrance in Mosquito Way instead.
Crews from Hatfield and St Albans fire arrived at the scene around 11.30am and crews started damping down at 12.15pm.
Rebecca O'Grady Hartley said she watched the fire being put out with other onlookers.
You may also want to watch:
"There was a loud explosion just after I took the first few pictures," Rebecca told this newspaper.
"I'd turned around to leave and I assume the fuel exploded. Very loud and shocking.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
"It drew quite a few people from the nearby houses".