Bus fire put out near Hatfield’s Herts Uni
- Credit: Archant
There has been a fire on a bus inbetween Hatfield and St Albans.
It took place on Albatross Way near the University of Hertfordshire's de Havilland Campus and is still causing traffic delays in the area.
Unobus says it's not using this Herts Uni entrance and advises its customers to use the front entrance in Mosquito Way instead.
Crews from Hatfield and St Albans fire arrived at the scene around 11.30am and crews started damping down at 12.15pm.
Rebecca O'Grady Hartley said she watched the fire being put out with other onlookers.
You may also want to watch:
"There was a loud explosion just after I took the first few pictures," Rebecca told this newspaper.
"I'd turned around to leave and I assume the fuel exploded. Very loud and shocking.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
"It drew quite a few people from the nearby houses".