Bus fire put out near Hatfield’s Herts Uni
- Credit: Archant
There has been a fire on a bus inbetween Hatfield and St Albans.
It took place on Albatross Way near the University of Hertfordshire's de Havilland Campus and is still causing traffic delays in the area.
Unobus says it's not using this Herts Uni entrance and advises its customers to use the front entrance in Mosquito Way instead.
Crews from Hatfield and St Albans fire arrived at the scene around 11.30am and crews started damping down at 12.15pm.
Rebecca O'Grady Hartley said she watched the fire being put out with other onlookers.
"There was a loud explosion just after I took the first few pictures," Rebecca told this newspaper.
"I'd turned around to leave and I assume the fuel exploded. Very loud and shocking.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 4 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 7 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
- 10 Flooding in Hatfield 'damages' vehicles
"It drew quite a few people from the nearby houses".