Bus company quashes route closure rumours
- Credit: Archant
FEARS that a popular bus route is to be axed have been quashed.
Speculation had spread that UNO was to completely cancel its PB1 service which runs through the heart of Potters Bar.
An email received by the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ Potters Bar Edition from Potters Bar resident Terry Pavey said: “There is a strong rumour flying around Elmfield Road, Potters Bar, that the local bus service, the PB1, is to be axed because of the parking congestion caused by commuters at the bottom end, Baker Street junction.”
But the company has been quick to put the rumour to bed, and although they did say congestion was a problem, they insisted it would not compromise the route’s future.
A spokesman from UNO said: “There are no plans to cancel the PB1 route or change the route in any way.
You may also want to watch:
“However, our drivers always complain about parked cars along the route.”
Councillor Brian Legate confirmed the issue is well known and the problem needs to be solved.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
He said: “The parked cars causing obstructions has been a problem for a while now but there is no quick fix. I know for a fact that the bus route will not be cancelled, I’ve had guarantees.”
The WHT Potters Bar Edition reported last year how UNO reduced the service for their PB1 route, axing two early morning runs.