British Transport Police release statement after fatality near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
The British Transport Police have released a statement after a fatality near Potters Bar.
A person was hit by a train at New Barnet station, two stops down from Potters Bar on the Great Northern route, at roughly 1.30pm today.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokeswoman said: “Our officers were called to New Barnet station on Wednesday, August 10 following a report of a person being struck and killed by a train.
“Medics from London Ambulance Service, and Metropolitan Police colleagues also attended the incident, which was reported to BTP at 1.31pm.
“Officers are currently working to establish the identity of the person and how they came to be on the tracks.
You may also want to watch:
“The person’s family will be informed and a file will be prepared by the coroner.”
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 6 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed