British Transport Police release statement after fatality near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
The British Transport Police have released a statement after a fatality near Potters Bar.
A person was hit by a train at New Barnet station, two stops down from Potters Bar on the Great Northern route, at roughly 1.30pm today.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokeswoman said: “Our officers were called to New Barnet station on Wednesday, August 10 following a report of a person being struck and killed by a train.
“Medics from London Ambulance Service, and Metropolitan Police colleagues also attended the incident, which was reported to BTP at 1.31pm.
“Officers are currently working to establish the identity of the person and how they came to be on the tracks.
You may also want to watch:
“The person’s family will be informed and a file will be prepared by the coroner.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 8 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures