British Transport Police release statement after fatality near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
The British Transport Police have released a statement after a fatality near Potters Bar.
A person was hit by a train at New Barnet station, two stops down from Potters Bar on the Great Northern route, at roughly 1.30pm today.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokeswoman said: “Our officers were called to New Barnet station on Wednesday, August 10 following a report of a person being struck and killed by a train.
“Medics from London Ambulance Service, and Metropolitan Police colleagues also attended the incident, which was reported to BTP at 1.31pm.
“Officers are currently working to establish the identity of the person and how they came to be on the tracks.
“The person’s family will be informed and a file will be prepared by the coroner.”
- 1 County Lines supplier sentenced to four years in prison
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Co-op shop broken into
- 4 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 5 Construction begins on landmark University of Hertfordshire building
- 6 'Where are the housing reductions for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield?'
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 Family first for O'Leary as accumulation of challenges leads to Potters Bar Town resignation
- 9 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 10 Lee O'Leary resigns as manager of Isthmian League Potters Bar Town