Bikers to rally at South Mimms for Remembrance Sunday tribute
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of enthusiasts will bring their cherished motorbikes to South Mimms Services on Remembrance Sunday to pay their own tribute to the armed services.
The service station near Potters Bar will be one of four rallying points for the Ring of Red, an attempt to unite thousands of red-clad bikers in a ring round the M25 motorway.
Organiser Jason Cross, a former Welwyn Garden City man, said: “This is a coming together of the biking community out of respect for our armed forces, both past and present.
“Many of the bikers have served in the armed forces themselves.
“It is always a very proud and humbling moment, and a great show of how big the hearts of bikers really are.”
You may also want to watch:
Bikers will start gathering at about 11.30am for the event, which will raise money for armed forces charities.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn