Ayot Green Bridge closed for repairs
- Credit: Archant
A bridge that carries traffic over the A1(M) will be closed for four days while work takes place.
Ayot Green Bridge, near Welwyn, will be improved by the Highways Agency from today (Monday) to Thursday.
From 9.30am and 4.30pm the bridge will be closed to vehicles with a diversion in place for drivers.
Pedestrians will still be able to walk across the bridge during the work.
Stephen Hall, Highways Agency Asset Manager, said: “The maintenance work will involve the replacement of bridge joints that allow the bridge to expand and contract as temperatures change, ensuring journeys remain safe.
You may also want to watch:
“By carrying out the work now we are reducing the need to close the bridge at short notice for emergency repair work.”
Drivers will be able to follow a signed diversion route via Ayot Green, Ayot St Peter Road, School Lane, London Road and B197 Digswell Hill.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
When work is not being carried out the bridge will be open to all traffic.