Ayot Green Bridge closed for repairs
- Credit: Archant
A bridge that carries traffic over the A1(M) will be closed for four days while work takes place.
Ayot Green Bridge, near Welwyn, will be improved by the Highways Agency from today (Monday) to Thursday.
From 9.30am and 4.30pm the bridge will be closed to vehicles with a diversion in place for drivers.
Pedestrians will still be able to walk across the bridge during the work.
Stephen Hall, Highways Agency Asset Manager, said: “The maintenance work will involve the replacement of bridge joints that allow the bridge to expand and contract as temperatures change, ensuring journeys remain safe.
“By carrying out the work now we are reducing the need to close the bridge at short notice for emergency repair work.”
Drivers will be able to follow a signed diversion route via Ayot Green, Ayot St Peter Road, School Lane, London Road and B197 Digswell Hill.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 6 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
When work is not being carried out the bridge will be open to all traffic.