Ayot Green Bridge closed for repairs
- Credit: Archant
A bridge that carries traffic over the A1(M) will be closed for four days while work takes place.
Ayot Green Bridge, near Welwyn, will be improved by the Highways Agency from today (Monday) to Thursday.
From 9.30am and 4.30pm the bridge will be closed to vehicles with a diversion in place for drivers.
Pedestrians will still be able to walk across the bridge during the work.
Stephen Hall, Highways Agency Asset Manager, said: “The maintenance work will involve the replacement of bridge joints that allow the bridge to expand and contract as temperatures change, ensuring journeys remain safe.
You may also want to watch:
“By carrying out the work now we are reducing the need to close the bridge at short notice for emergency repair work.”
Drivers will be able to follow a signed diversion route via Ayot Green, Ayot St Peter Road, School Lane, London Road and B197 Digswell Hill.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
When work is not being carried out the bridge will be open to all traffic.