Ayot Green Bridge closed for repairs
- Credit: Archant
A bridge that carries traffic over the A1(M) will be closed for four days while work takes place.
Ayot Green Bridge, near Welwyn, will be improved by the Highways Agency from today (Monday) to Thursday.
From 9.30am and 4.30pm the bridge will be closed to vehicles with a diversion in place for drivers.
Pedestrians will still be able to walk across the bridge during the work.
Stephen Hall, Highways Agency Asset Manager, said: “The maintenance work will involve the replacement of bridge joints that allow the bridge to expand and contract as temperatures change, ensuring journeys remain safe.
You may also want to watch:
“By carrying out the work now we are reducing the need to close the bridge at short notice for emergency repair work.”
Drivers will be able to follow a signed diversion route via Ayot Green, Ayot St Peter Road, School Lane, London Road and B197 Digswell Hill.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
When work is not being carried out the bridge will be open to all traffic.