Ayot Green Bridge closed for repairs
- Credit: Archant
A bridge that carries traffic over the A1(M) will be closed for four days while work takes place.
Ayot Green Bridge, near Welwyn, will be improved by the Highways Agency from today (Monday) to Thursday.
From 9.30am and 4.30pm the bridge will be closed to vehicles with a diversion in place for drivers.
Pedestrians will still be able to walk across the bridge during the work.
Stephen Hall, Highways Agency Asset Manager, said: “The maintenance work will involve the replacement of bridge joints that allow the bridge to expand and contract as temperatures change, ensuring journeys remain safe.
You may also want to watch:
“By carrying out the work now we are reducing the need to close the bridge at short notice for emergency repair work.”
Drivers will be able to follow a signed diversion route via Ayot Green, Ayot St Peter Road, School Lane, London Road and B197 Digswell Hill.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 8 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 9 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
When work is not being carried out the bridge will be open to all traffic.