Elderly woman waits in ‘pouring rain and freezing cold’ for bus from Lister Hospital to Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A 78-year-old woman from Welwyn Garden City waited three hours in the “pouring rain and freezing cold” for the 301 bus from Lister Hospital.
Joan White, who was being treated for a broken arm, left the Stevenage hospital at 5pm on November 5.
After sitting at the bus stop until around 8pm, when six buses should have passed by, she took a taxi with her 81-year-old husband back to her WGC home.
She said: "It was not just me. I really felt for the nurses as they say it happens night after night."
An Arriva spokesperson said it does try to run efficient services but traffic was a problem on the day.
You may also want to watch:
"The ongoing roadworks across Stevenage are causing traffic issues for many road users currently, and have impacted our 301 service in particular.
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but hope our passengers understand that factors outside of our control can sometimes impact on services.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
"As always, we will continue to work with local authorities to reduce the impact of roadworks and traffic to our services."