Elderly woman waits in ‘pouring rain and freezing cold’ for bus from Lister Hospital to Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A 78-year-old woman from Welwyn Garden City waited three hours in the “pouring rain and freezing cold” for the 301 bus from Lister Hospital.
Joan White, who was being treated for a broken arm, left the Stevenage hospital at 5pm on November 5.
After sitting at the bus stop until around 8pm, when six buses should have passed by, she took a taxi with her 81-year-old husband back to her WGC home.
She said: "It was not just me. I really felt for the nurses as they say it happens night after night."
An Arriva spokesperson said it does try to run efficient services but traffic was a problem on the day.
"The ongoing roadworks across Stevenage are causing traffic issues for many road users currently, and have impacted our 301 service in particular.
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but hope our passengers understand that factors outside of our control can sometimes impact on services.
- 1 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 2 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 5 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 7 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 8 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 9 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 10 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
"As always, we will continue to work with local authorities to reduce the impact of roadworks and traffic to our services."