Air-conditioned train now running on Great Northern route
- Credit: Archant
The first of a fleet of new, air-conditioned trains is now running on the Great Northern route which goes through Welwyn North, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar.
The first Class 387/1 train began running on the Great Northern route on Monday, October 10.
All trains being introduced this autumn feature two-by-two seating with tables and power points throughout, modern passenger information systems, spaces for people in wheelchairs, fully accessible toilets and other features for people with disabilities.
This initial four-carriage train is running six services every day between King’s Cross and Cambridge/Letchworth Garden City. More services will follow.
Great Northern passenger services director Keith Jipps said: “We’re thrilled the new train is in service. Passengers have said they think it’s a vast improvement.
You may also want to watch:
“They think it’s light and airy and welcome the two-by-two seating.”
The new trains are part of a wide range of proposed service changes and improvements on Great Northern for 2018, including new cross-London Thameslink services which will give passengers from Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar routes into London Blackfriars and beyond.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 10 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings