Air ambulance called to ‘medical emergency’ on A1(M) near Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Traffic has been stopped on the A1(M) near the Hatfield Tunnel to allow the air ambulance to land.
Highways England tweeted: “The #A1M is blocked in both directions on the approach to J4 due to a medical emergency.
“Air ambulance will be landing shortly.
“Please allow plenty of extra journey time.”
Diversion routes have been put in place following the incident, which has caused long tailbacks to Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 1 for South Mimms and the M25.
You may also want to watch:
There is also knock-on congestion affecting Uno Bus services – with the company warning people to expect delays of at least 20 minutes.
Updates to follow.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield