Air ambulance called to ‘medical emergency’ on A1(M) near Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Traffic has been stopped on the A1(M) near the Hatfield Tunnel to allow the air ambulance to land.
Highways England tweeted: “The #A1M is blocked in both directions on the approach to J4 due to a medical emergency.
“Air ambulance will be landing shortly.
“Please allow plenty of extra journey time.”
Diversion routes have been put in place following the incident, which has caused long tailbacks to Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 1 for South Mimms and the M25.
You may also want to watch:
There is also knock-on congestion affecting Uno Bus services – with the company warning people to expect delays of at least 20 minutes.
Updates to follow.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service