Air ambulance called to ‘medical emergency’ on A1(M) near Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Traffic has been stopped on the A1(M) near the Hatfield Tunnel to allow the air ambulance to land.
Highways England tweeted: “The #A1M is blocked in both directions on the approach to J4 due to a medical emergency.
“Air ambulance will be landing shortly.
“Please allow plenty of extra journey time.”
Diversion routes have been put in place following the incident, which has caused long tailbacks to Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 1 for South Mimms and the M25.
You may also want to watch:
There is also knock-on congestion affecting Uno Bus services – with the company warning people to expect delays of at least 20 minutes.
Updates to follow.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes