Air ambulance called to ‘medical emergency’ on A1(M) near Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Traffic has been stopped on the A1(M) near the Hatfield Tunnel to allow the air ambulance to land.
Highways England tweeted: “The #A1M is blocked in both directions on the approach to J4 due to a medical emergency.
“Air ambulance will be landing shortly.
“Please allow plenty of extra journey time.”
Diversion routes have been put in place following the incident, which has caused long tailbacks to Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 1 for South Mimms and the M25.
You may also want to watch:
There is also knock-on congestion affecting Uno Bus services – with the company warning people to expect delays of at least 20 minutes.
Updates to follow.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park