Air ambulance called to ‘medical emergency’ on A1(M) near Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Traffic has been stopped on the A1(M) near the Hatfield Tunnel to allow the air ambulance to land.
Highways England tweeted: “The #A1M is blocked in both directions on the approach to J4 due to a medical emergency.
“Air ambulance will be landing shortly.
“Please allow plenty of extra journey time.”
Diversion routes have been put in place following the incident, which has caused long tailbacks to Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 1 for South Mimms and the M25.
There is also knock-on congestion affecting Uno Bus services – with the company warning people to expect delays of at least 20 minutes.
Updates to follow.
- 1 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 2 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 3 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 4 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 5 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 6 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 9 'Friendship zone' created in Welwyn school
- 10 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens