A414 shuts near Welwyn Garden City... thanks to swan
WHY did the swan cross the road?
It sounds like the start of a joke, but it was no joke for motorists on the A414, who were held up this morning (Friday) due to a long-necked bird attempting to cross the eastbound junction, near WGC.
The swan was spotted on the outside lane of the dual carriageway close to the junction of the B195, at around 8.20am.
Police closed off both lanes as they attempted to shoo the bird to safety.
One eye witness who was passing in the other direction told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “It was like a scene from the Chuckle Brothers, as one officer was filming with a camera and another was trying to shoo a very angry swan away.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the RSPCA had been called to retrieve the swan.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 3 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 4 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 5 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 6 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 10 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII